FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Best Beer?  (Read 102598 times)

slipbob

Re: Best Beer?
« Reply #45 on: May 05, 2004, 08:00 AM »
THE LATEST NEWS!!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Molson XXX is now available in New York.

7.3%  and a great rich flavor........I really like it!

RG
Is it a malt liquor type beer or an ale? 

Jigwiggler

« Reply #46 on: May 05, 2004, 04:37 PM »
RG, that is good news and a good beer!  ;)  I'll be crossing state lines shortly. ;D
May your doorknobs smell of fish!!

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #47 on: May 05, 2004, 05:51 PM »
Molson XXX is their "Super Lager Beer".

At 7.3% it's considered a malt licquor. It is a smooth, full bodied, dark amber beer with a touch of sweetness.

I'm a fan of quality...not quantity....this is one of my all time favorites.

I believe the Canadians make the best beers in the world.

RG
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

Otter

• Retired MFF Mod
  • The river is mine
« Reply #48 on: May 05, 2004, 05:57 PM »
Corona or Dos Equis is hard to beat on Cinco De Mayo!  8)

Jigwiggler

« Reply #49 on: May 06, 2004, 07:41 AM »

I believe the Canadians make the best beers in the world.

You said it, I agree 100%!   XXX was always my first purchase upon entering Canada.  Now I won't have to travel as far to get great beer!!  I hope it shows up here in PA as well.
May your doorknobs smell of fish!!

Otter

• Retired MFF Mod
  • The river is mine
« Reply #50 on: May 06, 2004, 08:37 AM »
I agree, Molson XXX beer rules!  I've only bought two cases from my one and only Canada trip.  I thought it was discontinued?

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #51 on: May 06, 2004, 06:56 PM »
Otter,
XXX is alive and well....and very tasty .....at this very moment.

"Beer, now there's a temporary solution"...H.S.

RG
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

Otter

• Retired MFF Mod
  • The river is mine
« Reply #52 on: May 07, 2004, 06:30 PM »
It was classic, I lived in Eufaula, AL when we went on our Canada trip.  When I came back, friends of mine judged the level of friendship by whether or not I offered them an XXX.  It was a prized possession!  I really wish they sold it down here!

Cider

« Reply #53 on: May 07, 2004, 08:10 PM »
RG - I am disappointed in you!  You usually have very sound advice to offer to our members here.  Molson XXX is the most vile, disgusting, hideous, horrible, terrible, awfull swill that was ever brewed on this planet.  Maybe even in this solar system!!

I just don't see how you can drink that garbage!  Shame on you for recommending it to our members!!  What dispicable tastes you have!  >:(

So, in an effort to prevent you from further corrupting yourself and the members of MFF, I demand that you give me all your Molson XXX to be properly disposed of (by me of course) as quickly as possible!!  ;D  ;D

Can you tell I have already had three tonight and am working on my fourth!!  It is amazing that I can still type!   ;)

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #54 on: May 08, 2004, 04:47 AM »
Cider,
NO!
RG

hosscletuslulu

• PERCHPULLER
« Reply #55 on: May 08, 2004, 01:51 PM »
Because
U
Deserve
What
Every
Individaul
Should
Enjoy
Regularly

There is only one KING OF BEERS

hosscletuslulu

• PERCHPULLER
« Reply #56 on: May 08, 2004, 01:53 PM »
All the poeple that get headaches or barf frum BUD are wimps and should stick to sissy beers! ;D ???

Mudbug

« Reply #57 on: May 08, 2004, 06:46 PM »
Budwieser=Carbonated Clydesdale Urine...Fosters Lager=Kangaroo Pee....Molsons XXX, I'm good with 1....The best beer in the world, is what I brew. Two row Munich malt, choc. malt, belgian dark crystal. Triple decoction mash technique. Toss in some Hallertaur and Saaz hops. Boil a coupla hours, chill, dump in 1 liter Kolsch yeast starter. Rack in a week. Rack again in 2 weeks to  a keg. Age at 45* degrees  for 6 months. Rack to another keg and carbonate.

Cider

« Reply #58 on: May 08, 2004, 06:52 PM »
All the poeple that get headaches or barf frum BUD are wimps and should stick to sissy beers! ;D ???

Yeah boy yeah!!  Nothing better than a nice cool bud after a hard day at play!!

RG - you can't blame a guy for trying to sweet talk you out of your Molson XXX can you!?!?  ;D

Hey, if you really like that, then you should try Long Trail Double Bag.  It is very similar in taste to the XXX and has just as high an alchohol percentage.  Double Bag has a very nutty chocolatey flavor to it and goes down real easy!

The stuff is awesome!  Long Trail is a brewery that is in Woodstock, VT.  You should be able to find there brews easily in NY.  Just look for the beer with a brown label that has a holstein on it with two sets of udders (hence double bag)!!

hosscletuslulu

• PERCHPULLER
« Reply #59 on: May 09, 2004, 06:46 AM »
Yes cold BUD nothing better too bad its sunday morning cant buy a 12'er till noon :'(

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.