FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Irondequoit Bay Launch  (Read 3561 times)

Pequod1

Re: Irondequoit Bay Launch
« Reply #15 on: Sep 29, 2020, 06:59 AM »
Wow, that’s stupid.  I had a hard time launching my boat there before, now, I won’t bother.

SizeMatters

• Shut up and fish!!
« Reply #16 on: Sep 29, 2020, 02:28 PM »
Pick a nice October day and we’ll do some fishing.

Rg
Sounds like a plan. 
Bigger isn't always better but Size definitely Matters!

yankmyline

« Reply #17 on: Oct 03, 2020, 05:48 AM »
Have they actually started work on the launch yet,or is the parking lot and launch just blocked off?

crappie78

« Reply #18 on: Oct 03, 2020, 06:12 AM »
There was construction going on in the parking lot yesterday.  Not sure exactly what they were doing.

Pequod1

« Reply #19 on: Oct 03, 2020, 07:06 AM »
I tried going out and launching at Mayer’s yesterday. I’m glad it was a short trip to get there because it was a waste of time.  The launch was loaded with weeds out to around 20’. There was a guy there raking the grass with his hip boots on so he could get his boat out.  It was definitely a no go until they clear that mass of weeds.

Bosco

« Reply #20 on: Oct 03, 2020, 10:17 AM »
I heard on another forum that the launch was closed at the north end of I Bay so I drove over there to see for myself.
Not only is the launch closed but the entire length of the parking area is closed and an Irondequoit police car was there probably making sure non of us criminal fishermen try to sneak in.  I drove around the entire bay and asked if I could launch my 12’ winter boat.  The only place that said yes was Mayer’s marina at the north east end - at a cost of $10.  Apparently, they are raising the parking lot two feet and putting in a new launch. I doubt they will even be open for the spring perch.  Thank you Mike Seely and the town of Irondequoit.

All that plus more. A playground and other amenities. As a town resident and someone who bought a 5 year NYS Parks pass to mitigate the expense of launching there, I’m a little torn. The bay is my home water. The launch is 1 mile from my garage. I’m shut down in that regard. However, I’ve seen the public use of the park and launch absolutely explode in just the last 2 years. For boaters, for swimmers and beach goers on the lake side, for shore fishermen, for people just getting an ice cream and walking out on the pier and feeding the waterfowl. It’s only going to continue to grow. And I don’t think that’s a bad thing. It’s an awesome resource for our town. But the town has to be forward thinking or it’s going to turn into a real poop parade down there. So I get it. I’ll be inconvenienced for a couple seasons but I’ll lump it and just try to create opportunities to chase down other outings that maybe I’ve back burnered for a little too long. I’ll give my business to S&R instead of online or Sportsman’s Warehouse. Heading there this hour, in fact.
Tight lines fellas.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.