FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Tims Ford Lake  (Read 5590 times)

Coolbreeze

Tims Ford Lake
« on: Mar 26, 2012, 09:05 AM »
Well, maybe I can get some feedback from you TN fishermen on this topic. I live on Tims Ford and get a chance to check it out quite often. It is a very tough lake to fish, deep, no weedbeds and lots of recreational users. I fish for just about anything that will bite. In the last few years, I've found more excitement in Striper fishing than Bass fishing. But, I would not turn down the opportunity to catch a nice catfish or a few slab crappie. All are present in this lake. But the most prevalent is the Striper population (in my opinion). I can watch the lake from my house and see many fishermen, day and night. I can also see when the Stripers are in the "Jumps". That's when you want to be there, right in the middle of them with two or three rods rigged with something resembling a shiner (top-water or spinner bait) and ready to go. I see it happen about this time every year right from my back porch. At first, it sounds like waves hitting the shorline. But after a few seconds, as it continues, you finally look up and it's a huge school of stripers jumping after a school of bait fish. This may continue for 5 to 10 minutes, just long enough to catch a couple nice slab Stripers. Yesterday (March 25) was the first day that I saw this happen this year. Within the week,  other fishermen will discover this and park their boats in our view, waiting for the action to start. This happens a couple times per day this time of year but may continue sporadically throughout the day. I will be on the lake today after work hoping to see it happen again.
Besides the stripers, I hear the SM Bass are biting, too. Water temps are perfect in the low to mid 60s. I'll keep you posted.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.