FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Making Do  (Read 902 times)

bogtrotter

Making Do
« on: Dec 02, 2023, 02:20 PM »
My master plan for today had been to do some ice fishing on Burnett's Pond in Savoy.

It's not quite as crazy as it sounds - - My son and I had scouted it out late Thursday afternoon, and there was 4" of black ice covering the front end of the pond (closer to the dam). 

My younger son even managed to squeeze in 10 minutes of jigging (and landed a perch) during his lunch hour yesterday.

We had hopes that it would hold up despite the warmer temperatures and light rain we had yesterday and today.

But, alas, it was not to be - - When we got up there this morning, the ice had deteriorated considerably (down to about 2" in the "good" part), and the open water section had expanded significantly.

Rolling with the punches, I drove up to North Adams, and fished Hudson Brook at the Natural Marble Bridge State Park from 11 AM to 12:30 PM.

The weather was overcast, damp and about 45 degrees.

But, thankfully, the fishing was good - - I reeled in twelve (6" to 9") brookies and three (10" to 11") browns, which is about as good as it gets on such a small stream.

The Jigger

• Member of the G.O.D.S.
Re: Making Do
« Reply #1 on: Dec 02, 2023, 10:00 PM »
Good action for a short period of time.

lowaccord66

Re: Making Do
« Reply #2 on: Dec 07, 2023, 10:23 AM »
Nice job Jim.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com