FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Moore Reservoir Pike and Bass turned on!!  (Read 1664 times)

PIKEBAIT

Moore Reservoir Pike and Bass turned on!!
« on: Oct 12, 2018, 09:40 AM »
Tossed big shiners from shore in the rain yesterday.  Dozen big golden shiners and as many 2-4 lb. smallmouth and some OK pike.  Should have gotten more shiners.  Couple of the big bass attacked my big bobber, so today I'm going to try big topwater baits and maybe spooks?
Cold water has brought all fish into shallow weeds and rocks.

Dick

zwiggles

Re: Moore Reservoir Pike and Bass turned on!!
« Reply #1 on: Oct 12, 2018, 11:20 AM »
Tossed big shiners from shore in the rain yesterday.  Dozen big golden shiners and as many 2-4 lb. smallmouth and some OK pike.  Should have gotten more shiners.  Couple of the big bass attacked my big bobber, so today I'm going to try big topwater baits and maybe spooks?
Cold water has brought all fish into shallow weeds and rocks.

Dick

Nice, how big of shiners were you using? I bet if you could find some extra jumbos they would find a nice like in there

PIKEBAIT

« Reply #2 on: Oct 14, 2018, 09:52 AM »
I have a local pond that provides 4" golden shiners.   I've filled my back yard pond with them for ice season.
Dick

seamonkey84

« Reply #3 on: Oct 14, 2018, 06:36 PM »
I have a local pond that provides 4" golden shiners.   I've filled my back yard pond with them for ice season.
Dick
I’ve thought about going fishing for shiners to keep as bait, in a couple lakes I frequent, I’ve caught them in the 6-8” range while fishing for sunfish and perch.
"You know when they have a fishing show on TV? They catch the fish and then let it go. They don't want to eat the fish, they just want to make it late for something." - Mitch Hedberg

lowaccord66

« Reply #4 on: Oct 15, 2018, 03:46 PM »
As the water cools I will use 10-14" goldens and dace under a slide float. Lots of fun.

PIKEBAIT

« Reply #5 on: Oct 15, 2018, 04:00 PM »
A 5 inch arkansas golden shiner is a monster here in the white mountains.  wish I could use some of the small yellow perch that often fill my shiner trap?
Dick

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.