FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: your favorite battery booster  (Read 205 times)

62 & Done

your favorite battery booster
« on: May 27, 2024, 11:43 AM »
   So I'm in the market for a portable battery pack-booster.  I looked on Amazon and several auto parts supply stores. I'm sure they all have some good ones but my gosh there are too many to pick from! I need to be able to save the day because of a dead boat battery or an occasional stubborn lawn mower. Perhaps give a hand to an unfortunate fellow driver somewhere. Stuff like that - don't plan on needing it every day.
  What would be your favorite make or model and how often do these things need to be charged themselves. Does it hurt them to be stored in the hot truck for long periods of time? Any suggestions appreciated.

Mac Attack

Re: your favorite battery booster
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2024, 12:52 PM »
Not sure I can answer any of your questions.
But I bought this one.
Because I knew that NOCO chargers are very well respected.
Also, the review rating of it on Amazon is 4.7 with over 100K reviews.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B015TKUPIC/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

mcully

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2024, 02:06 PM »

This is the one I bought few years ago. It’s in a Plano box under seat of my truck or in the boat. Charged it last summer and still shows 100%. It’s done what it’s had to, jumping my 200 outboard few times and a few trucks and cars as needed. I know it looks 00 but the 1 didn’t show in the pic for some reason

yellowned

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2024, 02:25 PM »
noco boost plus gb40

jperch

« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2024, 06:31 AM »
I also have the Hulkman, have been satisfied with it.  My guess is most folks won't be able to compare different units because they probably have only owned one.  They are small, relatively cheap insurance. Mine holds a near complete charge for many months even during the winter.  Look at a few reviews online and just make a choice.  Absolutely get one!

Jethro

• I fish, therefore I am... always buying gear
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2024, 11:26 AM »
I have a NOCO GB20 and a GB40. They both work great.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.