FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: BassJunky..Feeding My Addiction..2006..(Pg.8 August 29th 30 pics)  (Read 15221 times)

mikeyc0203

Re: BassJunky....Feeding My Addiction..2006...
« Reply #15 on: Mar 14, 2006, 09:09 PM »
looks like u had a good time...i think its time for me to get out there and try to catch some trout...  ;D

PGKris

• Master of the micro leech
« Reply #16 on: Mar 15, 2006, 05:44 PM »
Good day out man!. Only thing I hate about stocked trout like that is how ugly they are. Gah

Sailing team

Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it.

Kyle

« Reply #17 on: Mar 15, 2006, 06:32 PM »
bass-junky
FORSURE you should start flyfishing...
it is an addiction,
first its a junker flyrod from wallyworld next its a nice flyrod,waders,vice to tie your own flies,all the materials.
im addicted  :P

chowder_head

« Reply #18 on: Mar 19, 2006, 11:35 AM »
yeah it was definately a fun day of fishing! and we saw some big fellas in the pond too..bassjunky even had one on the line but ended up losing it just as it was gettin close to the shore.
I dont really like the idea of fishing a trout farm but hey, this time of year our options were limited and it as jnky said..you gotta scratch that itch!

SYMPTOMS: continual complaints as to need for fresh air, sunshine and relaxation. Patient has blank expressions,sometimes deaf to wife and kids,frequent checking of tackle catalogs. Hangs out in sporting goods stores longer than usual.Secret night phone calls to fishing pals. Mumbles to self. Lies to everyone..NO KNOWN CURE!!

tip-uptwo

« Reply #19 on: Mar 25, 2006, 02:47 PM »
Wow, fatties for sure.... :laugh:

bassjunky

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Ontario
« Reply #20 on: Apr 16, 2006, 08:40 PM »
Well it's Easter Sunday and after all the family festivities finished up It was time do break out the canoe and do some crappie fishing.

The weather was not cop-operating, a very windy day made it hard to stay in place and the crappies were not biting.  The canoe moving so much made bobber fishing nearly impossible and we had to try and make sure we were not being pushed into the off-limits Bass sanctuary.

I was throwing a small crappie tube on a noodle rod and after 30 minutes with no luck I passed it off to the wife so I could throw some spinners on a shorter rod. Well not 2 minutes later she complains that she is stuck in the weeds, I take the rod off her and find a nice little Pike on the other end

He was not willing to give up easy and we had to be super careful since we were using UL gear. P-line 3lb test on the rod and but she hooked him well, he was not able to get a tooth anywhere near the line.

thats all the excitement for the day..but it was nice to get out.

devil-man

Re: BassJunky..Feeding My Addiction..2006..(Page 2 04/16 Tiny Pike)
« Reply #21 on: Apr 16, 2006, 10:33 PM »
Those pesky pike come when you least expect it.  :D
Some times you don't even have to ask them, but they are fun.

I'm glad to hear that you were out.
Happy Easter!

bassjunky

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Ontario
Re: BassJunky..Feeding My Addiction..2006..(Page 2 04/16 Tiny Pike)
« Reply #22 on: Apr 18, 2006, 06:35 PM »
Well it was time to give the new Flyrod a work out.  I mentioned in a previous post that I was headed back to the farm to try and learn how to use the flyrod without killing those around me. here are the pics...I got a great work out...put in about 4 hours and watched myself improve as it went.....here are the results

Here was the big daddy...he was the second last fish I caught...right after changing fly's.

This next guy was the second largest. I just thought it was cool to see the variance in colour between two similar in size fish

I ended up with 6 rainbows when all was said and done, I lost a few as well while trying to get the hang of the rod. One thing I was doing wrong was after setting the hook i would drop the excess line and go for the reel. i lost a few fish that way...All in all a nice bunch of Trout

After finishing up with the Rainbows I decided to put in a few casts for speckles. I was only able to find one willing to co-operate. Im kinda glad, the speckels are expensvie. this little guy costs as much as an average size rainbow from the above picture

Last but not least a few parting pics with the big guys..The Largest fish was just under 3lbs..looked and felt much bigger on the way in

camo_fish

• Heeeeere Fishy, Fishy, Fishy
very nice trout.  ;D what size rod are you using?
Fishing isn't a matter of life or death, it's much more important than that!

I live with FEAR everyday, and sometimes she lets me go fishing!

bassjunky

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Ontario
It's a 9foot 8weight.. I will be using it for Bass and Pike ionce the seasons open..for now it's just practise

TroutFishinTommer

Nice fish!!! were you practicing using the fly rod or practicing catching fish, haha ;D. looks like you succeeded at both. nice job.
Fishing isn't a matter of life or death-It's MUCH more important.

chowder_head

some more nice looking fish there brother! that freezer of yours is gonna be bout ready to burst! lol
greenwing event is coming up in a few weeks too..good time to get in some more practice once the crowd dies down

SYMPTOMS: continual complaints as to need for fresh air, sunshine and relaxation. Patient has blank expressions,sometimes deaf to wife and kids,frequent checking of tackle catalogs. Hangs out in sporting goods stores longer than usual.Secret night phone calls to fishing pals. Mumbles to self. Lies to everyone..NO KNOWN CURE!!

camo_fish

• Heeeeere Fishy, Fishy, Fishy
It's a 9foot 8weight.. I will be using it for Bass and Pike ionce the seasons open..for now it's just practise
aaawwww I see, I have a little 7 foot 3-4 weight. I gave up on the fly reel, so I put a little spinning reel on it and man-o-man, with a 3-4 weight, it is like a giant ultra-lite.  ;D
Fishing isn't a matter of life or death, it's much more important than that!

I live with FEAR everyday, and sometimes she lets me go fishing!

Fishingking

Great fish  once again :)  Fishing on a fishfarm looks like alot of fun.
Team NY 
Was that nice enough for you?

bassjunky

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Ontario
I think it is perfect for Flyfishing practise....I could see shawdows of some fish and then paractise my aim casting towards them. With lots of open space and no one around I could also let lose a ton of line to try and get some distance.

Some of the shallower areas I couls see the fish flash near my fly...So I was able to see what made them hit and what made them move on by.

Not to mention your going to get a fish on so you can get the feel of the rod and what not to do. The pic with the group of 4 is the average size fish I have been catching...the Big Guy was my biggest and the biggest one I have seen caught.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.