FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: i want to catch some pike  (Read 2780 times)

jamiehughes

i want to catch some pike
« on: May 18, 2004, 10:32 PM »
has anyone had any luck so far at taylor reservoir for pike.  the only place we seem to be able to catch them this year is at the aurora arsenal. who can't catch one there??????though they are small. but lots of em if you can battle the crowds.

TroutFishingBear

Re: i want to catch some pike
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2004, 11:38 AM »
I've heard of a lot of people catching pike at taylor reservoir, although don't try it icefishing because they have almost never caught one icefishing, seems they go deep and dormat. But fish around where the creek comes in, and the whole far shoreline is pretty good because it is pretty shallow. (far meaning when you first get there, it is as far away from you as you can get on that side.) I think it is called like texas point or something like that, I know it has the name "texas" in it. But that whole shoreline is good. Don't forget to bring your lake trout stuff, as the lake trout are probably coming in shallow now. As always, I suggest #5 silver mepps spinners for pike, but you cannot go wrong with 5" white zoom super flukes here either, since the pike will be slower since it is colder.

Mackdaddy21

Re: i want to catch some pike
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2004, 03:17 PM »
Where is the Aurora arsenal? What are the regs? I would love to find a place to catch a bunch of small ones. What is an average day numbers wise there? What do you use?

Tyler

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.