FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: channel cats  (Read 7496 times)

Fat Boy

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Mason-Dixon
Re: channel cats
« Reply #15 on: Apr 09, 2004, 04:33 PM »
I haven't caught any real big cats.  Most of mine are caught fishing for bass on crankbaits.  Here's my biggest one yet caught while walleye fishing on the French River in Ontario.  It was almost 13 pounds (I forget exactly, I'll modify this post when I dig up the e-mail that I sent with the weight).

2 summers ago, notice the shape of the bellies and the whiskers of me and the fish.  My buddies called me catfish that entire trip...  Belly is gone, whiskers still there, LOL.

Trophy Hunter639

« Reply #16 on: Apr 09, 2004, 11:41 PM »
Nice fish were you targeting walleyes and using lighter gear? I've caught trophy cats on 6lb test man is that a blast 8) ;D you can't horse em to much I have a 10.6 ft heavy action baitcasting rod that I use to target trophies I use 5/0 octupus hooks 20lb Iron Silk [love it] and use bigger home made weights. I can't wait until May 15th and setting the hook into a monster manitoba channel cat  ;D My girlfreind got me a berkley digital scale for christmas too bad it only goes up to 20 lbs :(

MikeMo

• chasing water wolves
« Reply #17 on: Apr 14, 2004, 04:38 AM »
My best is 30inch 14 pound cat out of lake ontelauntee.

reubenpa

« Reply #18 on: Apr 14, 2004, 05:23 PM »
30 inches 17 # caught in a large pond... largest ever caught there and my heaviest fish to date...  A nice fight and tasted awesome......  to me anyway......

Just wanna be fishing, not just wishin

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.