FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Lithium 100 ah battery  (Read 15981 times)

mcully

Re: Lithium 100 ah battery
« Reply #75 on: May 11, 2021, 09:26 AM »
You'll need to modify the bow rail too but look online for many pics of what people have done and have it still be functional and look good

Mac Attack

« Reply #76 on: May 11, 2021, 10:40 AM »
You'll need to modify the bow rail too but look online for many pics of what people have done and have it still be functional and look good

Or go over and look at my boat thread and see how I modified mine.
Works well.

lowaccord66

« Reply #77 on: May 11, 2021, 12:44 PM »

Look at the Minn Kota 87" Riptide Terrova.
36V, 112# thrust.
It will do the job.

https://minnkotamotors.johnsonoutdoors.com/saltwater-trolling-motors/riptide-terrova

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFY_Q0zGDzo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VdUL_LvGc6s

Also, I would consider 200AH lithium.
Anyone tells you the battery is too expensive, show them how much money you have in the boat and tell them the trolling motor was $3k.
Go big or stay at home.

BTW, nice boat.

8)

I have the 36v on my Stratos fish n ski.  It's overpowered but why not.   

It's between this pilot house and some parkers.  The parkers are all single yams though and I want to get offshore. 

I like that the listing I posted has 2 new low hour Suzuki outboards otherwise I'd be uninterested at that price...

I have seen some guys spot locking for blackfish sure beats tossing wreck anchors for 45 minutes and then drifting off the fish!

Mac Attack

« Reply #78 on: May 11, 2021, 01:47 PM »

I have seen some guys spot locking for blackfish sure beats tossing wreck anchors for 45 minutes and then drifting off the fish!

We have the same issue perch fishing in 60-80 FOW.
You throw out 200-250' of anchor rode and swing in a 300-400' circle and don't stay on top of the school.
Also, hauling in the anchor everytime you want to relocate is a royal PITA.

lowaccord66

« Reply #79 on: May 11, 2021, 04:29 PM »

We have the same issue perch fishing in 60-80 FOW.
You throw out 200-250' of anchor rode and swing in a 300-400' circle and don't stay on top of the school.
Also, hauling in the anchor everytime you want to relocate is a royal PITA.

Madness.  I recall one trip my buddy went to "check" the wreck anchor after hours of slaying.  I think we moved 2ft and could not get on those fish again.  Losing the main anchor sucks too.  Costly. 

Mac Attack

« Reply #80 on: May 11, 2021, 05:05 PM »
Madness.  I recall one trip my buddy went to "check" the wreck anchor after hours of slaying.  I think we moved 2ft and could not get on those fish again.  Losing the main anchor sucks too.  Costly.

Yea, we very rarely if ever loose and anchor out in Lake Erie, but you're right - Madness!
Spot Lock is a game changer.
And the iPilot autopilot and cruise control features are just as awesome.
I will never own a boat without these.
Never!

lowaccord66

« Reply #81 on: May 11, 2021, 08:54 PM »
Me neither Mac.  They are absolutely worth the price.  I was using mine yesterday fishing for pike.  Set cruise control to 1 mph and set auto pilot and run up a shoreline.  Doesn't matter what the wind speed is, just keeps trucking along. 

I need to upgrade...Mines and older 2014 without the puck and sometimes it gets a bit wonky.  Also and this bears repeating...don't try to spot lock under bridges....I've had mine go nuts and try to send my boat into pilings....

I have bad luck with anchors...there's one in Sac....a nice one with a long chain under the big bridge...and 2 in long Island sound.

Mac Attack

« Reply #82 on: May 11, 2021, 08:56 PM »
 :o

Jethro

• I fish, therefore I am... always buying gear
« Reply #83 on: May 12, 2021, 07:10 AM »
Also and this bears repeating...don't try to spot lock under bridges....I've had mine go nuts and try to send my boat into pilings....

I never thought of that, glad I read this.

By the way Mac, seems Jeff is put off by the whole experience with your special order battery, he has no interest in getting me a 200ah unit, says he's only dealing with the 100ah 36v batteries. I didn't push him too much though, may try to talk him into it.

Mac Attack

« Reply #84 on: May 12, 2021, 07:57 AM »
I never thought of that, glad I read this.

By the way Mac, seems Jeff is put off by the whole experience with your special order battery, he has no interest in getting me a 200ah unit, says he's only dealing with the 100ah 36v batteries. I didn't push him too much though, may try to talk him into it.

He has not built anything yet and wants to build a small one for himself fist.
This way, he blows up his own place or icehut.
 :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol:

I have spoken to him about building a 36/100 for me for Florida.
But I won't need it for over a year.

Keep talking with him.

lowaccord66

« Reply #85 on: May 12, 2021, 08:25 AM »
I'm waiting to see how you do Mac.  I like being lighter.  I have 3 group 27 agms and a 31 for cranking.  That's a ton of weight.

Jethro

« Reply #86 on: May 12, 2021, 09:23 AM »
He has not built anything yet and wants to build a small one for himself fist.
This way, he blows up his own place or icehut.
 :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol:

I have spoken to him about building a 36/100 for me for Florida.
But I won't need it for over a year.

Keep talking with him.

36/100 He can get me within a few weeks. I just didn't think I'd need to buy it until next year earliest, but wet cells are obviously useless for how I use them.

Mac Attack

« Reply #87 on: May 16, 2021, 12:17 PM »
Ran the 31’s yesterday.
100ah LE deep cycle batteries.
The battery power indicator on the ipilot remote control said I used about 1/3 of the batteries after about 4.5 hrs of trolling at a setting of 3.5-4.5 out of 10.
I tried the autopilot feature to make sure that it worked properly and it does.
But I didn’t use the autopilot so I could save on the batteries.
I was happy to see the results and also know that meter on the remote isn’t exactly accurate but it did indicate I had power left and the LE batteries will suffice for temporary use until I get the LiFePo2 battery.

Jethro

« Reply #88 on: May 17, 2021, 10:09 AM »
Ran the 31’s yesterday.
100ah LE deep cycle batteries.
The battery power indicator on the ipilot remote control said I used about 1/3 of the batteries after about 4.5 hrs of trolling at a setting of 3.5-4.5 out of 10.
I tried the autopilot feature to make sure that it worked properly and it does.
But I didn’t use the autopilot so I could save on the batteries.
I was happy to see the results and also know that meter on the remote isn’t exactly accurate but it did indicate I had power left and the LE batteries will suffice for temporary use until I get the LiFePo2 battery.

That battery meter on the remote seems super inaccurate. Although I have a different remote than yours, I believe it's probably the same battery meter more or less.

I'm pretty sure I have smoked my 3 batteries in just a year. I was spot locked for like 3 hours yesterday in the ocean with almost no wind and I heard the motor make a beep I never heard before and it shut off the prop and autopilot, although it was still shown engaged on the remote and my Helix. I tired to stow it right away, but it failed to stow. The motor is supposed to stop working and still have enough power to stow, but it didn't turn the head to seat in the motor saddle. After waiting about 5 minutes it did stow with my help turning the big, heavy motor.

I'm going to pick up a load testing meter on my way home and see what's happening. With my simple volt meter it was showing good voltage after I got home before I plugged the boat in. I think the batteries have just gotten beat on so bad, they are weak. They charge quicker than they used to as well... not a good sign. I'm bummed out about it because lithium isn't in the budget right now, so I may be buying 3 more wet cells this week.  >:(

So moral of the story Mac, don't run the motor for 10 hours all summer long and not expect the batteries to get trashed!

swnoel

« Reply #89 on: May 17, 2021, 12:49 PM »
That battery meter on the remote seems super inaccurate. Although I have a different remote than yours, I believe it's probably the same battery meter more or less.

I'm pretty sure I have smoked my 3 batteries in just a year. I was spot locked for like 3 hours yesterday in the ocean with almost no wind and I heard the motor make a beep I never heard before and it shut off the prop and autopilot, although it was still shown engaged on the remote and my Helix. I tired to stow it right away, but it failed to stow. The motor is supposed to stop working and still have enough power to stow, but it didn't turn the head to seat in the motor saddle. After waiting about 5 minutes it did stow with my help turning the big, heavy motor.

I'm going to pick up a load testing meter on my way home and see what's happening. With my simple volt meter it was showing good voltage after I got home before I plugged the boat in. I think the batteries have just gotten beat on so bad, they are weak. They charge quicker than they used to as well... not a good sign. I'm bummed out about it because lithium isn't in the budget right now, so I may be buying 3 more wet cells this week.  >:(

So moral of the story Mac, don't run the motor for 10 hours all summer long and not expect the batteries to get trashed!

Aren't they under warranty?

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.