FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: East Side, West Side  (Read 512 times)

bogtrotter

East Side, West Side
« on: May 28, 2023, 04:31 PM »
My younger son and I fiIshed two different branches of the Housatonic today - - the West Branch in PittsfiWe eld and the East Branch in Dalton, from about 11 AM to 3:45 PM.

It was a sunny, warm (85 degrees) day - - and the stream levels were in the mid-tending-to-low range. 

We started on the West Branch by Iron Man Machine on Hungerford Street and worked our way downstream to the Clapp Park trestle.

We ended up with three small (9" - 10" browns), a few sunfish, and a couple chub.  (Oddly, no perch)

Then we drove to Dalton anf fished the East Branch, starting just below the Depot Street dam.

It was a bonanza!!  We each caught six or seven big brookies (the biggest ones were abougt 13") andThen  a decent (12") rainbow apiece.

(Oh yeah, and my son caught a rock bass there too - - another oddity).

Then we drove to the Housatonic Street dam, where my son caught a fat 16" brown and I caught another 13" brookie.

Finally, we drove home and had a cookout - - steak with barbecue sauce, a side of kim chi, and a ragout of milkweed greens, ramp bulbs, mushrooms, tomato sauce and feta cheese washed down (in Papa's case) with a bottle of Weyerbacher Blithering Idiot barley ale.

In another hour or so, I think I'll follow it up with a slice of canoli cheese cake and a cup of black tea with lemon and honey.

lowaccord66

Re: East Side, West Side
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2023, 04:36 AM »
Thats a good day!  I fished the farmington and housy and slayed em good on both rivers.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.