FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Cape Trout  (Read 1195 times)

thetroutwhisperer

Cape Trout
« on: Mar 22, 2012, 09:20 PM »
How are guys doing with the trout out on the Cape in the ponds? Thinking of heading to Brewster for the weekend.

capedeer/fish

Re: Cape Trout
« Reply #1 on: Mar 23, 2012, 07:11 AM »
The trout fishing has been excellent. Peters has been hot or cold for me lately. I have been there catching lots on spoons and the power baiters have been skunked. Then the next day its reverse. Was out a bit yesterday and only got 2 bows...headed across the street to pimlico and threw some flies and caught em til dark!
IndianHill Icetrap Pro Staff                                               SavageGear Product Tester         Dexter-Russell outdoors Pro Staff   ODM Rods Pro Staff

Last Cast 69

« Reply #2 on: Mar 23, 2012, 09:40 AM »
haven't been in the area recently, but night fishing any of those ponds with gulp corn and worms usually produces and unholy amount of trout. caught and released triple digits on peters before 2 am one night last year   

thetroutwhisperer

« Reply #3 on: Mar 23, 2012, 11:42 AM »
Loading up the canoe after work and hitting the road for Brewster, prob stay right in town as there are many ponds there. Hoping to catch some monsters, snap a pic and toss em back. 

TroutTroller

• Lund wc-14 3.5 horse merc...beats any day at work
« Reply #4 on: Mar 23, 2012, 05:25 PM »
got 5 at scargo last week...almost time for sheep and cliff..

cerfur

« Reply #5 on: Mar 24, 2012, 07:34 AM »
Been at marys pond been hit and miss there has been alot of tiny like size 32 black flies the trout seem to be really keying into when there on the water nothing seems to work then I found a nice tiny black fly some one had broken off in a tree (i climed and got it) most of the leader was attached put it behind a clear float and started naling them!

knotreelly

« Reply #6 on: Mar 25, 2012, 09:07 AM »
can not beat the kettles in the spring, love jp for the trout and smallies

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.