FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Lake Ontario shakedown run  (Read 935 times)

Thun

Lake Ontario shakedown run
« on: Jun 26, 2013, 04:29 PM »
We made our first trip to Mexico Bay in our new ride and had a great time. The boat ran great and all the extras I hooked up also worked as planned except the downrigger mounts, I need to mount them permanently through the gunnel and not in the track system, there's just too much bounce in them the way I mounted them. The King fishing has been slow this month but we did have one release down 110' over 325' of water. I can't imagine anything but a fish hitting the spin dr/fly causing the line to come out of the release because I set the line deep in the release pads. We'll never know I guess. But we did manage an 8 lb brown on the planing board with a stickbait and a 5 lb steelhead on the rigger with a spoon 20' down. I can't wait to go back in June.

elevatorman

• Finally made it on to team Lund ! 18 Sport Angler.
Re: Lake Ontario shakedown run
« Reply #1 on: Jul 02, 2013, 07:08 AM »
Nice job. Heading up in late august
Lifes journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in awell preserved body; but rather to skid in side ways totally worn out shouting (holy sh*t)  WHAT A RIDE! FISH ON!.

Thun

« Reply #2 on: Jul 02, 2013, 09:37 AM »
Thanks elevatorman...here's a great website for reports and fishing techniques at Lake Ontario.

http://www.lakeontariounited.com/fishing-hunting/

roncarr

• THE BEST FISH IS ALWAYS THE NEXT ONE
« Reply #3 on: Jul 02, 2013, 01:59 PM »
great fish :tipup: :tipup:
STRIPERS ARE MANS BEST FRIEND OR WORST ENEMY

Thun

« Reply #4 on: Jul 03, 2013, 09:11 AM »
Thanks ron...my sons and I are planning another trip later this month and this time, in addition to the riggers,  I hope to get out a couple of wire dipsy rods and 300' coppers off the big boards as well. I hope the tangles aren't too bad, lol. I've got the downriggers down pat but the dipsy's and copper rods are new to me and I'm a bit nervous about using them. I saw a bunch of dipsy rods on the back of your boat in a pic that lavaman posted. Someday I hope to be as successful as you and him.

We still haven't come up with a date for Chautauqua yet but we're working on it. As soon as we do, I'll let you and lavaman know so you can make plans if you're still interested. I hope you guys can make it and look forward to meeting you.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.