FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: shake down run  (Read 2570 times)

xjbob99

shake down run
« on: Apr 27, 2015, 07:43 AM »
finally after a two week battle of rebuilding carbs, finding electrical gremlins and putting everything from the old boat on to the new on i got out yesterday.

got on the water a little late 8:30 and fished to 2. set up 2 leadcore lines and two flat lines. we caught fish on both pretty steady with a couple doubles, all browns. nothing big. all came from 10-20 FOW. the bilge pump runs a little more than i like and the planer mast needs to be lowered. going to take it out a few more times local before i hit champlain or Ontario. other than that it ran perfect.

lowaccord66

Re: shake down run
« Reply #1 on: Apr 27, 2015, 08:34 AM »
Lookig good!  My first experience with leadcore was this weelend on quabbin.  Man does using it help with the lakers!

Good luck on ontario.  I need a few more things before my boat is rwady for that place!

Jschumacher

• Fish often. It's a way of life. Life Member NAFC.
« Reply #2 on: Apr 27, 2015, 09:21 AM »
Nice. Doing a steering cable on mine this week and then it will be ready to go. Nice Browns
I fish every chance I get and enjoy every time I fish. They call it fishing not catchin

Member of The GODS

Baitbucket

« Reply #3 on: Apr 27, 2015, 09:47 AM »
Sweet man! That looks alot like the boat I just got. What size is that one?

xjbob99

« Reply #4 on: Apr 27, 2015, 12:11 PM »
Sweet man! That looks alot like the boat I just got. What size is that one?

i was looking at yours and its the same exact thing, im not sure what the difference is lol.

mine is a 1986 sea nymph ss175 fish and ski. 16' 7" is what the title says.

Baitbucket

« Reply #5 on: Apr 27, 2015, 12:24 PM »
i was looking at yours and its the same exact thing, im not sure what the difference is lol.

mine is a 1986 sea nymph ss175 fish and ski. 16' 7" is what the title says.

Haha good deal man. Im trying to fins a top like yours for mine. Will be great when i take the kiddos out.

ICEHOLE

« Reply #6 on: Apr 27, 2015, 12:36 PM »
I got to the lake at 5 and was surpised not to see you still out! Boat looks sweet
Trout, LMB, SMB, BullHeads, Lakers, Pike, Carp

xjbob99

« Reply #7 on: Apr 27, 2015, 01:00 PM »
Haha good deal man. Im trying to fins a top like yours for mine. Will be great when i take the kiddos out.

so nice to be out of the wind and rain. i have the side clear vinyl windows for it that zip and button in and a back curtain for it too.

xjbob99

« Reply #8 on: Apr 27, 2015, 01:00 PM »
I got to the lake at 5 and was surpised not to see you still out! Boat looks sweet

haha, it uses a little more fuel than i was used to.

lowaccord66

« Reply #9 on: Apr 27, 2015, 01:45 PM »
so nice to be out of the wind and rain. i have the side clear vinyl windows for it that zip and button in and a back curtain for it too.

x2.  The only time we stepped out of the enclosure this weekend was to land a fish! 

Baitbucket

« Reply #10 on: Apr 27, 2015, 03:08 PM »
x2.  The only time we stepped out of the enclosure this weekend was to land a fish! 

If you guys hear or see a used one please let me know.

MrE1979

• If it was easy they would call it catching.
« Reply #11 on: Apr 27, 2015, 04:17 PM »
Nice Boat! 
It is MY responsibility as a fisherman to make sure my children can enjoy fishing years from now.  Help make sure your kids can fish.  If you see something ILLEGAL Contact the Massachusetts Environmental Police Radio Room at 1-800-632-8075 at any hour of the day.

lowaccord66

« Reply #12 on: Apr 27, 2015, 05:39 PM »
If you guys hear or see a used one please let me know.

Im going to buy one for a newer alumacraft and make it work on mine.  Finding the sides that go with the one that is on there has proved impossible.  My buddy has a snap press so I can move/replace them. 

Knot there yet

« Reply #13 on: Apr 28, 2015, 08:19 AM »
That what shake down means.i did mine went well.gonna get the dealer service of motor . Tuned ,sinc&link ,thermostats and water pump. I got 2006. Found history through GPS unit only 47.9 miles total on boat.older unit kept track of everything.gonna look see if I can can find hours too.sucks won't take chip from other unit though.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.