FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Still boating  (Read 1849 times)

Yachtzy

Still boating
« on: Dec 08, 2015, 02:08 PM »
I'm keeping the boat at the ready until ice forms. I like ice fishing a lot, but will get out in whatever conditions are present. Took it out for a test run last weekend to make sure it runs well,  I put it up for sale with the intention of finding one that is bigger and faster.

Saturday the wife got a couple pickerals, to my zero. Sunday I went out with the Walleye Wizard as I call him (Stripernut) and got a small Wally. It was hard to not watch football on the warm and cozy couch, but the Pats should of gone fishing too.

I got him on a shiner, I normally don't use live bait unless I'm standing on ice, but that might of been the ticket.

Mac Attack

Re: Still boating
« Reply #1 on: Dec 08, 2015, 03:26 PM »
Nice............ very nice!

Jschumacher

• Fish often. It's a way of life. Life Member NAFC.
« Reply #2 on: Dec 08, 2015, 05:07 PM »
Any eye in mass is a good eye Chris. Allan is the walleye master for sure. Nice job
I fish every chance I get and enjoy every time I fish. They call it fishing not catchin

Member of The GODS

Baitbucket

« Reply #3 on: Dec 08, 2015, 06:07 PM »
Nice job getting out guys!

stripernut

« Reply #4 on: Dec 08, 2015, 06:13 PM »
It is always a good time being out on the water! The fog was something, a little after dark it rolled down the river like pea soup! It was not very deep and looking up you could see the trees on shore against the night sky, but you could not see the bank! Hope to get out some more before everything ices up!

Mac Attack

« Reply #5 on: Dec 09, 2015, 10:38 AM »
I put mine away a long time back.
Both motors are winterized and it's buried deep in a huge storage facility.
The guy who owns the facility knows I want it out early in the spring for browns and cohos on Lake Ontario, but would flip if I asked for it now.
He would accommodate me, but not be happy about it.
Besides, it would cost me again to re-winterize the motors.
Big bucks.

I always say I'm going to wait until ice to winterize things.
But there is so much to do every Fall closing up the place on Erie, the boat, and also things at home, that I always cave and do the boat earlier than planned.
I also feel good that it is done properly and safely away into the storage facility.
But I always sit here and read threads like this and think, "what if?".
This year it's stupid late for the ice.
So it bugs me even more.

Still.........................you know.

8)

Yachtzy

« Reply #6 on: Dec 09, 2015, 06:37 PM »
Thanks guys.

I'm not going to lie, it's cold out there on the water, and I usually like the cold. I had 6 layers of clothing on the top and that was borderline not cutting it. Loaded up on the big handwarmers, for me and my Ion battery someday.

I have been seeing fish in shallow water still(bass and pike), seems strange, but so hasn't the weather pattern.

Mac don't worry, right after a couple blizzards spring will be here ;)
In the meantime a short trip on the shoreline with a nice lunch, few beverages,  and a comfy chair in the nice feeling sun rays will scratch the itch for now. After all that fresh air and fun, it makes for a great night of sleep.

Kayak T on Lake Winthrop Sunday, they're talking 60*, I'm thinking about it.

elevatorman

• Finally made it on to team Lund ! 18 Sport Angler.
« Reply #7 on: Dec 13, 2015, 05:02 AM »
Had my boat  on wallum  lake yesterday .caught  one brown was great to be out.
Lifes journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in awell preserved body; but rather to skid in side ways totally worn out shouting (holy sh*t)  WHAT A RIDE! FISH ON!.

Yachtzy

« Reply #8 on: Dec 14, 2015, 03:08 PM »
Got out over the weekend, it was very pleasant weather, but I could not find a bass or pike at all. It felt like ice fishing the way it was going, the pickeral, crappie, and whites robbing my pike shiners all day, the yellows took the day off too. All little guys too, here's the best of their class. Boat ran very well, and the hands liked the weather also. 41* surface temp, it went up a couple.

Jschumacher

• Fish often. It's a way of life. Life Member NAFC.
« Reply #9 on: Dec 14, 2015, 04:22 PM »
WTG Chris. The colors on that crappie are great. Nice looking white too. A mess of them would make a good meal.
I fish every chance I get and enjoy every time I fish. They call it fishing not catchin

Member of The GODS

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.