FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Year's End and New Year's Day  (Read 789 times)

bogtrotter

Year's End and New Year's Day
« on: Jan 01, 2016, 03:46 PM »
I fished yesterday and today.

Yesterday, the sky was cloudy but dry, with temps in the mid thirties.

I halfheartedly made a few casts in the North Hoosic in North Adams, but the water was high.

So I shifted my sights to the Hudson Brook that runs through the Natural Marble Bridge State Park, where I hoped to renew my acquaintance with a rainbow that had gotten away earlier in the week.

No luck there, so I moved upstream and tied into one good sized brook trout, but the current was strong, and pushed him past me before ripping him off the line.

To salvage the day, I tried another brook closer to home, where I landed two small brookies before heading off to church.

Today, it was snowing (flurries when it started but pretty hard by the time I finished), with temps in the lower thirties.

I fished the South Hoosic from Cheshire Harbor to Elm Rock.

No hits, no misses, and no action, although it was good to get out on the stream and work off my New Years Dinner.

Somewhat unusually, there was another angler (a flyfisherman) fishing across from Mullen Mayflower (whom I "leapfrogged" around) and signs of another fisherman (a discarded bait container on top of the snow) further downstream

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.