FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: B.O.A.T= Bust Out Another Thousand  (Read 4660 times)

boondox

Re: B.O.A.T= Bust Out Another Thousand
« Reply #15 on: Jun 01, 2016, 09:51 PM »
very nice work so far!  did you get a vacuum bag kit? the vacuum bag kit will get the bubbles out of the next layers etc.. etc... look up what the kit is and how it pertains to fiber glassing.. and you should be good...  you basically need a shop vac and some large plastic sheeting and some good tape that will seal the plastic sheeting to the boat and the vacuum hose to the plastic.. after fiber glassing the area you install the bag turn it on and tape the seems closed the pressure form the vacuum pulls layer one and two together layers so on together.. and I always over apply the area with resin but that is just me I like your work.. cause it looks clean and neat so keep the pictures coming pls!   

xjbob99

« Reply #16 on: Jun 02, 2016, 08:21 AM »
very nice work so far!  did you get a vacuum bag kit? the vacuum bag kit will get the bubbles out of the next layers etc.. etc... look up what the kit is and how it pertains to fiber glassing.. and you should be good...  you basically need a shop vac and some large plastic sheeting and some good tape that will seal the plastic sheeting to the boat and the vacuum hose to the plastic.. after fiber glassing the area you install the bag turn it on and tape the seems closed the pressure form the vacuum pulls layer one and two together layers so on together.. and I always over apply the area with resin but that is just me I like your work.. cause it looks clean and neat so keep the pictures coming pls!   

i didn't look into it. honestly didn't  think it was going to be that hard to get the air out. i feel like i got a lot of them out but there were a few that i couldn't. i want to say im half way through once i get the core in and it would be a waste to buy one at this time. i dont plan on fiber glassing for a long time after this is competed.

xjbob99

« Reply #17 on: Jun 02, 2016, 05:33 PM »
Well. Not much to do tonight ran out of epoxy. Order some more this afternoon. Came home and took the dam off and cleaned up. I gotta say I'm pretty impressed with it. Only a few bubbles but I think I'll be fine

Mac Attack

« Reply #18 on: Jun 02, 2016, 07:55 PM »
 :thumbup_smilie:

xjbob99

« Reply #19 on: Jun 11, 2016, 12:19 PM »
Got the transom in finally and clamped.

Baitbucket

« Reply #20 on: Jun 13, 2016, 05:26 AM »
Looks great man, very impressive.

xjbob99

« Reply #21 on: Jun 13, 2016, 06:03 AM »
took the clamping system off yesterday. amazing how stout it is and i still have more glass to put on. going to fillet the corners then lay 3 layers of 1708 over it tonight. then to figure out the stringers. going to be pressed for time but i hope its done this weekend.

xjbob99

« Reply #22 on: Jun 14, 2016, 09:46 PM »
Just got in from laying 3 layers of 1708 for the bow side skin. Just made it with the epoxy I had left. Got more coming Friday and hope to have the stringers in by Sunday!

xjbob99

« Reply #23 on: Jun 17, 2016, 06:30 AM »
well made some more progress on the boat last night. cut the notch out in the transom for the outboard.

then onto figuring out these tricky stringers. i laid out my skins that i cut out and ended up scratching that idea.

i was just going through my phone and seems like i didnt take any pictures of the plywood forms i set up in the boat to pour the foam :-( but heres is a few shots of the outside stringers done. im going to fillet them in and lay 2 layers of 1708 over them.

i just want to fish haha

lowaccord66

« Reply #24 on: Jun 17, 2016, 12:50 PM »
Nice glass work!  Looking good.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.