FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Evening Bass Fishing  (Read 3236 times)

bigbellybilly

Re: Evening Bass Fishing
« Reply #15 on: Jul 27, 2017, 08:46 PM »
Some nice evening Bass

taxid

« Reply #16 on: Jul 30, 2017, 05:05 PM »
Have you looked to see if there are comments on your pics?  That can be the painful part.  Guy from NY posts a pic of his grand daughter holding a bass on imgur to post here...the comments were not desirable.

You have the option of posting pics for public viewing or not. I normally don't --- so no problem. Did share a pic of this brook trout I reared and got a nasty comment that the fish was sick. ;D I got a a lot of money for it from another taxidermist so the guy can bite me.  ;D

“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

The Jigger

• Member of the G.O.D.S.
« Reply #17 on: Jul 31, 2017, 04:40 PM »
You have the option of posting pics for public viewing or not. I normally don't --- so no problem. Did share a pic of this brook trout I reared and got a nasty comment that the fish was sick. ;D I got a a lot of money for it from another taxidermist so the guy can bite me.  ;D

I don't know what the guy meant by saying it was sick but to defend him, some people use the expression(sick) meaning it is a great or super thing. My kids use that expression a lot. They will see something extraordinary and will say that is sick. That is one hell of a brookie. I'd call it a football. How big was it?

taxid

« Reply #18 on: Aug 01, 2017, 03:24 PM »
I don't know what the guy meant by saying it was sick but to defend him, some people use the expression(sick) meaning it is a great or super thing. My kids use that expression a lot. They will see something extraordinary and will say that is sick. That is one hell of a brookie. I'd call it a football. How big was it?

You know you're right. I keep forgetting I'm an ol fogey now.  ;D  

The fish was 20 inches on the board (you can see that in the picture) and he was just under 6 lbs. I took out 6 over 6 lbs.  that fall with one at just under 24 inches. All 3 year old fish.

Since I hatched my own this time, and they should be the size of my previous 3 year old fish at 2 years, I'm hoping if I keep some another year I could have some 8 lb. plus fish. OTOH fast growing fish usually have shorter life spans so it would be a gamble to keep some another year. They may start croaking before they reach that 3 year old mark.

A lot of people don't know that brook trout have a relatively short life span except for a few northern wild strains -- especially in Canada.
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

The Jigger

• Member of the G.O.D.S.
« Reply #19 on: Aug 02, 2017, 10:35 PM »
You know you're right. I keep forgetting I'm an ol fogey now.  ;D  

The fish was 20 inches on the board (you can see that in the picture) and he was just under 6 lbs. I took out 6 over 6 lbs.  that fall with one at just under 24 inches. All 3 year old fish.

Since I hatched my own this time, and they should be the size of my previous 3 year old fish at 2 years, I'm hoping if I keep some another year I could have some 8 lb. plus fish. OTOH fast growing fish usually have shorter life spans so it would be a gamble to keep some another year. They may start croaking before they reach that 3 year old mark.

A lot of people don't know that brook trout have a relatively short life span except for a few northern wild strains -- especially in Canada.

Wow
That fish is sick. ;D ;D ;D

Jschumacher

• Fish often. It's a way of life. Life Member NAFC.
« Reply #20 on: Aug 04, 2017, 10:29 AM »
I fish every chance I get and enjoy every time I fish. They call it fishing not catchin

Member of The GODS

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.