FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Seneca Lake  (Read 6318 times)

seaweed01

Seneca Lake
« on: Mar 24, 2004, 09:23 AM »
I am going to Seneca lake on friday, can anyone give me any ideas on
where to put in. I can find my own fish, but any suggestions would be
helpful. Thanks.

BuckShotJon

• Retired MFF Mod
Re: Seneca Lake
« Reply #1 on: Mar 24, 2004, 09:55 AM »
Roys Marina on Rt 14 West side of the lake, south of Geneva I will guess 5 miles. Launch is $6.00 he has bait right there as well.

Head out the channel and bear south not even a 1/4 mile and start there (look for the pink cottage)

Jon
"When the people fear the ‘government,’ that is tyranny. When the government’ fears the people, that is liberty. - Thomas Jefferson

LUNDMAN

« Reply #2 on: Mar 24, 2004, 11:32 AM »
WAS UP SATURDAY --PUT IN AT WATKINS GLEN--GOT BLOWED OFF BUT DID MANAGE TO CATCH ONE SALMON NEAR SALT PLANT  GOOD LUCK!!!!

mrlongbeard1

« Reply #3 on: Mar 24, 2004, 02:03 PM »
  I was on Seneca this morning and the wind was brutal. I got blown off after a hour or so. I was drifting for perch at about 3 miles an hour.

waterdawg14622

« Reply #4 on: Mar 24, 2004, 10:01 PM »
I am going to Seneca lake on friday, can anyone give me any ideas on
where to put in. I can find my own fish, but any suggestions would be
helpful. Thanks.

I heard the State Launch at the North end was open.......I'm going to hit Seneca Lake Friday Morning also........good luck and maybe Ill seeya down there Seewead.......I drive a black dodge dakota 4x4.
Jeff

cnyiceguy

« Reply #5 on: Mar 26, 2004, 07:28 AM »
I fished for perch on the southend of Seneca for 5 hours on Wednesday. Nada...Nil...nut'in. Not even a bite. I realize there are guys on this board who are much better than me when it comes to the perch, but I did even get a bite. Fished from 18-40 feet, weeds, no weeds, right on the drops...  Even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while. Hopefully it picks up over the next week or so.  I may try the south end of Cayuga next time. I talked to one other boat, they didn't catch any perch either.

iceice

• FISH HARD
« Reply #6 on: Mar 29, 2004, 08:06 AM »
I fished  Senaca out of Roys Thursday and had the same luck cnyiceguy had. Fished from 10 to 40 fow consentrating more on the drop off.I did see a couple of boats get on a nice school in about 20 fow, but stayed away, water was gin clear an didnt want to spook. Going to try again this week.
2005 17FT LUND MR PIKE                                                                                       
 90hp MERCURY OPTIMAX
WALKER DOWNRIGGERS
JUST ADD WATER!!!

Utes

« Reply #7 on: Mar 29, 2004, 07:06 PM »
iceice, That was mighty nice of you. I'm sure those couple boat's appriciated you staying the distance. With the H2O being clear you probably would have scared the school away and made some enemies in the process. You sound like a good guy. Tight lines budy, it's early and your day will come. Just hope no one ruins your day when it does get here.lol utes

scottcny

« Reply #8 on: Mar 29, 2004, 07:12 PM »
We found a nice school in 60 feet of water on Sunday. Never caught perch that deep befor as this was my first time on Seneca. Thier all fight for about the the first 40 feet on the way up but after that the air bladder expands and thier done fighting.

WANNAKETCHUM

• Ya gotta love it!!!!
« Reply #9 on: Mar 29, 2004, 09:21 PM »
I fished  Senaca out of Roys Thursday and had the same luck cnyiceguy had. Fished from 10 to 40 fow consentrating more on the drop off.I did see a couple of boats get on a nice school in about 20 fow, but stayed away, water was gin clear an didnt want to spook. Going to try again this week.
That was very sportsmanlike of you iceice. I remember one time a friend and I were in his boat just south of the salt plant on Seneca and we were on a big school of Perch. We were each yankin' doubles over the side on almost every drop. Well these two turds about 100 yds. from us just couldn't stand it and they kept getting closer and closer until they finally tangled their anchor rope with ours and you guessed it....We were DONE!!! Man I would have given anything for a grenade about then!!!   >:( WK
Just one more cast!!! Just one more cast!!!

SuperX2

• Giv'em The One Four
« Reply #10 on: Mar 31, 2004, 06:03 AM »
I went to Seneca for this first time Sunday and I must say a Bass Tourny has less rude people. I told my buddy it looked like the scene in jaws when all the guys are blowing up the water and shooting at nothing to get the shark. What a ZOO.. I had guys from 15yrs old to Old Grampa coming within 20 feet of my boat and anchoring....  Everytime I got into the fish a couple guys would show up and then the perch would leave.  I guess I'll stick to weekday fishing there.  It was just crazy. 

bob26

« Reply #11 on: Mar 31, 2004, 08:02 AM »
A few of us PA guys are coming up to Seneca this weekend for a chartered trip with our favorite captain.  I see most posts are related to perch, but how's the brown and landlock fishing been.  Thanks in advance for the update....Can't wait to get up there!  We had a great time last year.

bufford220

« Reply #12 on: Mar 31, 2004, 10:15 AM »
I have caught some Landlockes from shore this year but have not been out on the lake. A lot of the trout guys will be on the lake for the first time Sunday for a local tournament (the Finger Lakes Trollers). Which Capt. Are you going out with?

Dan

bob26

« Reply #13 on: Mar 31, 2004, 10:41 AM »
Hi Dan.  We've been going out with Mick Clark (Rally Killer) for 4 years now, both Seneca and Ontario trips.  He's a real great guy and works his tail off to find fish!  We'll be heading out of Watkins on Saturday.  I just hope the wind isn't out of the NE.  Any reports from now till Friday are appreciated.  I'll let you know how we did.  Thanks again.

Bob

scottcny

« Reply #14 on: Mar 31, 2004, 02:34 PM »
Looks like Seneca is going to be a busy place this weekend, both the perch team tournament and a trout derby??!! Gonna be lots of boats out there!! I know the perch derby is out of Dresden, with most of the guys launching at Roy's on Saturday, where is the trout derby HQ'd and witch day or both?

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.