FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Otsego lake launches  (Read 1849 times)

Robb

• Upstate NY
Otsego lake launches
« on: Apr 01, 2004, 07:09 AM »
Anybody know how many and where the launches are on Otsego? I used to launch at Smith's boatyard but they no longer allow people to pay for launching.
Thanks in advance,
Robb

Robb

• Upstate NY
Re: Otsego lake launches
« Reply #1 on: Apr 01, 2004, 01:52 PM »
Thanks, you wouldn't know how the ice is yet? How about Arnold lake ice also?
Thanks, Robb

Icedauber

« Reply #2 on: Apr 01, 2004, 03:09 PM »
The state launch (lakefront) charges 5$ /per launch. There are attendants from 4 am - 8 pm daily.
They say that this is to keep the zebra mussles out of the lake.  ;D  They will be glad to sell you the passes. I launched appx 20 times last year and did not have to get the boat and trailer steam cleaned once.   ps can't understand how they can pay 4 attendants 10/hr when they only get 25 - 35$ a day in launch fees.

Robb

• Upstate NY
« Reply #3 on: Apr 02, 2004, 06:22 AM »
The state launch (lakefront) charges 5$ /per launch. There are attendants from 4 am - 8 pm daily.
They say that this is to keep the zebra mussles out of the lake.  ;D  They will be glad to sell you the passes. I launched appx 20 times last year and did not have to get the boat and trailer steam cleaned once.   ps can't understand how they can pay 4 attendants 10/hr when they only get 25 - 35$ a day in launch fees.

Is that the launch right in town? Not much parking either?
Thanks, Robb

Icedauber

« Reply #4 on: Apr 02, 2004, 06:44 AM »
You launch and take your trailer and car around the back of the motel. Detatch the trailer and park. You can also take the trailer up to the town park on the east side of the lake and park. (fairy springs park).

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.