FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Fall perchin in finger lakes  (Read 5467 times)

DANMAN

Fall perchin in finger lakes
« on: Sep 22, 2020, 10:03 PM »
Been fishing cayuga.   water 62 near the island.    action is slow.     anyone else been out?

Pequod1

Re: Fall perchin in finger lakes
« Reply #1 on: Sep 23, 2020, 04:23 PM »
I might try Canandaigua tomorrow. Let you know if I do. Cayuga us two weeks away from starting. Try again then.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #2 on: Sep 23, 2020, 04:25 PM »
I might try Canandaigua tomorrow. Let you know if I do. Cayuga us two weeks away from starting. Try again then.

Yup!

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

Pequod1

« Reply #3 on: Sep 24, 2020, 01:11 PM »
Just got back from Canandaigua. Water temps were around 65.  There are scattered small schools of perch up at the north end.  Nothing of any size. Most of my fish were around 9"  Just head out to the middle and drift around 13-14'. 

If anyone wants to know where I was exactly, look for the balloon.  He went right over me.

DANMAN

« Reply #4 on: Sep 24, 2020, 07:06 PM »
Yup!

Rg

Back at it today.    sameresults.   different spots.      will try in October..hot summer may mean delayed cool down

DANMAN

« Reply #5 on: Sep 24, 2020, 07:09 PM »
September 26.    2016

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #6 on: Sep 25, 2020, 07:26 AM »
Nice bucket Dan. Won’t be as much traffic in a couple weeks. I’ve  had the balloons float by me too. Fun to watch. Try down towards the Yacht Club on the East side.

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

mcully

« Reply #7 on: Sep 28, 2020, 05:49 AM »
Found these in 50' of water on one of the eastern Fingers. The smallie coughed up an 8" perch next to the boat. Caught several in 5-10' of water too Saturday but marked fish on the way off the lake in 50' and went back yesterday to see if they were present in numbers. Thank god for spot lock and the 72" shaft because it was rocking. No jumbos but 10-11" fish middle of the day.

filetandrelease

« Reply #8 on: Sep 28, 2020, 06:19 AM »

Well done Mcully 9 and  up get the knife at my house 😃

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #9 on: Sep 28, 2020, 06:23 AM »
That is way better than we did yesterday someplace else...
 Congratulations....... :thumbup_smilie: :thumbup_smilie: :thumbup_smilie: :thumbup_smilie:
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

DANMAN

« Reply #10 on: Oct 01, 2020, 05:52 PM »
Found these in 50' of water on one of the eastern Fingers. The smallie coughed up an 8" perch next to the boat. Caught several in 5-10' of water too Saturday but marked fish on the way off the lake in 50' and went back yesterday to see if they were present in numbers. Thank god for spot lock and the 72" shaft because it was rocking. No jumbos but 10-11" fish middle of the day.

so how much weight you need to keep,your bait down in 50 feet.?

mcully

« Reply #11 on: Oct 01, 2020, 06:33 PM »
I’m using my Minn Kota  motor with spot lock so even in 1-2’ waves my bait was straight down or casting  behind the boat dragging was easy with a 3/8 ounce cylinder weight. I buy them in bulk from drop zone baits. Braid is almost a must to me w 10# fluoro leader. I use a really small barrel swivel between braid and leader usually or double uni knot.

mcully

« Reply #12 on: Oct 12, 2020, 06:19 AM »
Water temp on the lake I'm hitting dropped to 60 degrees and fish moved into 25-30' but still chewing. 50 in a few hours yesterday afternoon. Size is going up a little too.

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #13 on: Oct 12, 2020, 06:47 AM »
Nice.   :thumbup_smilie:
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

iceman260

« Reply #14 on: Oct 12, 2020, 07:06 AM »
Nice job on the perch, good eats .

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.