FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: If you could move anywhere in the U.S. or Canada just for the fishing  (Read 7462 times)

lowaccord66

Lmao Lance..   :D

jibbs

Maine or Texas
Chuck Norris sorts his clothes in three loads.....whites, colors, and blood stains

bigredfishing

• Screw the BS, let's go fishing.

SHaRPS

• Honor Respect Loyalty
Right here in Rhode Island. Great freshwater fishing all around and even better Saltwater fishing. I do wish we had a population of Salmon though but a short ride north and we do. Ice fishing and great hunting as well.
Wicked Wec

Fishermantim

• I go where the water takes me!
Living here in MA (New England as a whole) I'd stay here just for the sheer variety of fishing available, both fresh and salt.

Next would probably be Alaska because they have really good fishing, both fresh and salt.
I mean, you can catch monsters in either environment.
Saltwater would have salmon and halibut and fresh would have salmon and sturgeon.
Where else can you have a chance of catching a 200+ fish in both fresh AND salt?

But when you factor in the bears, wolves and biting insects, home is easier to deal with.
"God is playing to an audience that's afraid to laugh" (George Burns from "Oh, GOD")

"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy!" - The Existential Blues

taxid

One of the downsides to living in Alaska I'm told is the long winters with no sunlight. I've heard of people that had to move back to the lower U.S. because they got so depressed in the winter darkness.
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

boondox

I though long and hard over the years...  I would live in ohio, michigan, Indiana ,Wisconsin, new york etc the weather around is not all that bad..  look at Florida,Texas Mississippi etc.. with the hurricanes etc.. then there is bugs like scorpions, black widow spiders.. and snakes rattle to coral to python etc.. we though it sucks shoveling 10 inches of snow every few days in winter.. try to imagine being a flood victim or forest  fire victim etc.. like out in California or even earth quakes...  the surrounding states and countries around michigan has been  very lucky we barely ever have natural disasters.. or many deadly spider or snakes to worry about maybe a bear or wolf but not much else.. can't get much worst or better.. I think I live in God's country if you ask me..

deerhunter

Labrador

htc

south somewhere could boat year around... hate snow and ice.

Fish Farmer

I moved to Vermont 20 years ago for the fishing....I knew some good "secret" spots. I bought a house next to one of those spots where I can catch wild browns over two feet long.

The landlock salmon fishing has gotten much better on Lake Champlain which is an hour away. It has pratically every other warm water fish you would care to fish for.

Lake Ontario tribs are around 5 hours away for kings, steelhead and such.

Most saltwater coastline is 5 hours away, Rhode Island, Cape Cod, even closer if going to Maine, NH.

I always hear of good brookie fishing in Maine which isn't that far.

If I had to move, I would pick Utah.

I spent a summer on Lake Powell many years ago, lots of stripers to be had. The upper elevation lakes were great for trout, many very remote requiring hiking or atv's. Some of the streams I fished were very productive as well. Then there is the Green River/Flaming Gorge area in northern Utah for excellent trout fishing.

Spider1

I'd like to retire somewhere in NE Pennsylvania... just not in Monroe county. I'd like to get up North a little, maybe Pike or Wayne. Just not Monroe. Great ice fishing, great soft water fishing and close enough to the Sound to make it a day trip to the shore or the other way to the finger lakes or Oneida or even Ontario.

trophytaker1

Gonna stay where i'm at in the USA, i have a nice piece of property for hunting and there's over a hundred lakes in this county with several good walleye lakes.

taxid

Gonna stay where i'm at in the USA, i have a nice piece of property for hunting and there's over a hundred lakes in this county with several good walleye lakes.

So roughly where is that? Don't need to be specific.
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

taxid

I'd like to retire somewhere in NE Pennsylvania... just not in Monroe county. I'd like to get up North a little, maybe Pike or Wayne. Just not Monroe. Great ice fishing, great soft water fishing and close enough to the Sound to make it a day trip to the shore or the other way to the finger lakes or Oneida or even Ontario.

What's wrong with Monroe County?  ;D

Spider1

Taxes.  >:(

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.