FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Cabela's in Maine  (Read 1495 times)

CSpike

Cabela's in Maine
« on: Aug 30, 2008, 06:01 PM »
Went to Cabela's in Maine today to return two pancake weights. Browsing around I notice they have some Fishlander lures. Then I spy a bunch of 42nd fishlander lures. I scooped them all up. $2.88 each!. I also stocked up on a few other choice colors for $3.88 each!. Meandered around a bit more and found they carry spin doctors. Bought a couple colors of those that I didn't have. I was very pleased to see they were carrying NY fishing gear. We don't usually find that close to home. I was also able to pick up a net with a loooong handle (I only had a 4' handle for my last trip out). $40 on that with the coated net and all. That to me was a steal. Now I just need to find more time to fish Ontario and get some use of of this gear.

Spike

NH Trout Fisherman

• MFF Mod Team
  • FISHIN 4 BIG TROUT!
Re: Cabela's in Maine
« Reply #1 on: Aug 30, 2008, 09:36 PM »
Sounds good Spike ;) Thanks for the info :)

huntr-

• Fish deep and fish often.
« Reply #2 on: Aug 31, 2008, 12:04 PM »
I went up to Maine's cabelas on Saturday with my wife and two kids. We had a greattime. I could spend a week in there, but my wife says that  she will hold my credit cards if we go again.  Its only 84 miles one way from where I live so I think I 'll go again before deer season opens ! By the way  I wanted to figure out a way to drop a line in their fish tank .

bee

« Reply #3 on: Aug 31, 2008, 01:12 PM »
I stopped in yesterday and picked up some fish gear and a jacket. A fun store to be in
Hookum & Cookum Otherwise Releaseum

knurren

• What of it?!
« Reply #4 on: Aug 31, 2008, 06:20 PM »
That's a good score, do they offer that stuff online, or is that only in the store?  I've been meaning to get up there, but I know how much I'd spend, so I haven't gone.  Not to keen on paying Maine tax and spending the gas money when I can order it online and get free shipping or double points during one of their many promos.  But if there are items they don't offer in the catalog, that would motivate me to check it out eventually.
Live free or die trying.

Mainehazmt

« Reply #5 on: Sep 02, 2008, 07:37 AM »
I went up to Maine's cabelas on Saturday with my wife and two kids. We had a greattime. I could spend a week in there, but my wife says that  she will hold my credit cards if we go again.  Its only 84 miles one way from where I live so I think I 'll go again before deer season opens ! By the way  I wanted to figure out a way to drop a line in their fish tank .
Lucky you  it's only 312 miles away from me!
I am a Proud Veteran I am Not a Terrorist!

adrock

« Reply #6 on: Sep 02, 2008, 10:40 AM »
The store is fun they have some great deals from time to time, I usually swing through on the way to or from camp.  I swung through and returned a fly line and found a gortex wading jacet for 35 bucks.  However, the one knock i have on the store is the people working in the departments don't seem to be real knowledgeable about their respective departments, but that just might be my experience on the few times I have had questions on items.  I'll still give LLBean higher marks in that category.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.