FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: What Are Your Plans?  (Read 4115 times)

jibbs

Re: What Are Your Plans?
« Reply #15 on: Sep 04, 2008, 01:21 PM »
You should if you find the time.  You're either in or very near Unit M which has the better deer population in the state (even though every unit has the potential to produce a big deer).    I had fun hunting last year and am very much looking forward to this year.  You're right about the seasons here, they're perfect.  I figure as good as the hunting and fishing is in Alaska, it gets down to -50* with 23 hours of darkness in the winter... hard to enjoy the outdoors in those conditions.
[/quote..........i would head back home and hunt coos with my boys........there are some giant bucks in that region
Chuck Norris sorts his clothes in three loads.....whites, colors, and blood stains

knurren

• What of it?!
« Reply #16 on: Sep 04, 2008, 01:38 PM »
It's a nice thought, DD.  It would be nice to get everyone together, but I don't know how feasible it would be for everyone to go to Pittsburg.  No offense, but the size of the lake trout from 3rd lake isn't a whole lot of motivation to ice fish there.

It would be nice to get everyone together anyway for either a trip on Winnie or a bass place.  I couldn't imagine the kind of action we would get with 6 or 7 people at 6 traps each on a productive bass place.  Just think of all the bait we'd go through.

We'll see though.
Live free or die trying.

NH Trout Fisherman

• MFF Mod Team
  • FISHIN 4 BIG TROUT!
« Reply #17 on: Sep 04, 2008, 05:11 PM »
Speaking about Alaska:

I want to add to my origonal post:  A trip to "little alaska."  This time, I think we should add some extra people like Chief and son, LBK, Laine, Jiffy Man, and NHTF.  t would be fun to see how many people we could actually get up there! If I could put everyone up in my camp I would.  Maybe we could have a little IS "Team Little Alaska" outing

Sound like a plan in the making....I'd go, you could count me in  and Id be willing to find  my own accommodations to free up space at your camp :)

jiffy man

« Reply #18 on: Sep 04, 2008, 07:02 PM »
Speaking about Alaska:

I want to add to my origonal post:  A trip to "little alaska."  This time, I think we should add some extra people like Chief and son, LBK, Laine, Jiffy Man, and NHTF.  t would be fun to see how many people we could actually get up there! If I could put everyone up in my camp I would.  Maybe we could have a little IS "Team Little Alaska" outing

I'm in!

Been wanting to get up there for some hard water fishing for years...Tim

knurren

• What of it?!
« Reply #19 on: Sep 04, 2008, 09:05 PM »
Well, I guess that settles that.  I didn't realize everyone wanted to get up there so bad. 
Live free or die trying.

Duck Doctor

• Throbbin' rods and smokin' drags!
« Reply #20 on: Sep 05, 2008, 05:56 AM »
Just think.......5-10 people.....two traps a piece..........LITTLE ALASKA HERE WE COME!
Personal Best NH fish: Rainbow Trout  5lbs 8oz  Brown Trout 6lbs 3oz Lake Trout 10lbs 6oz

knurren

• What of it?!
« Reply #21 on: Sep 05, 2008, 11:03 AM »
Just think.......5-10 people.....two traps a piece..........LITTLE ALASKA HERE WE COME!

Well... at least one jigging rod a person.  The traps didn't work out nearly as well compared to the jigging rods.  I finally got a gold swedish pimple after that too.
Live free or die trying.

Duck Doctor

« Reply #22 on: Sep 05, 2008, 11:36 AM »
Well... at least one jigging rod a person.  The traps didn't work out nearly as well compared to the jigging rods.  I finally got a gold swedish pimple after that too.

These are my favorite jigs. #11 and #12 in the 3/8 oz size. They are now making them in the 3/4.......might need to make a trip before the season

http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product_10151_-1_10001_30457____SearchResults
Personal Best NH fish: Rainbow Trout  5lbs 8oz  Brown Trout 6lbs 3oz Lake Trout 10lbs 6oz

NH Trout Fisherman

• MFF Mod Team
  • FISHIN 4 BIG TROUT!
« Reply #23 on: Sep 05, 2008, 05:16 PM »
It's definately good to have a few people on a two trap/line lake. Other wise it can be pretty slow, and its also tougher to experiment :-\

Duck Doctor

« Reply #24 on: Sep 06, 2008, 06:29 AM »
I am picturing the BBQ out on the ice with keilbassi and burgers being washed down with some sort of drink that is "as cold as the rockies!"

If everyone is really interested, I can start calling around for a group price in P'burg for places to stay!

jiffy man

« Reply #25 on: Sep 06, 2008, 07:43 AM »
I am picturing the BBQ out on the ice with keilbassi and burgers being washed down with some sort of drink that is "as cold as the rockies!"

If everyone is really interested, I can start calling around for a group price in P'burg for places to stay!

And venison!!

Thanks DD, I will probably come up with the fam. My daughter won't go anywhere without a friend. You will have to count me out of group accommodations. I wouldn't subject my worst enemy to my daughter at 5am, lol.

knurren

• What of it?!
« Reply #26 on: Sep 06, 2008, 12:46 PM »
What about the place across the street from Youngs?  I hear they're pretty good.

Cusk lines in on the first CT lake?  Maybe squeeze in some rabbit hunting?  Then jig and grill on 3rd?

Yeah, count me in. 
Live free or die trying.

NH Trout Fisherman

• MFF Mod Team
  • FISHIN 4 BIG TROUT!
« Reply #27 on: Sep 06, 2008, 04:09 PM »
Sounds like everyone is in  :), so lets plan on it, I guess we'll just have to figure the date at some point?

knurren

• What of it?!
« Reply #28 on: Sep 06, 2008, 05:48 PM »
I'm thinking a weekend the middle to end of January.  As long as it's a weekend, no school or work commitments should get in my way.
Live free or die trying.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.