FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Wine anyone?  (Read 11866 times)

minnow

Re: Wine anyone?
« Reply #30 on: Apr 23, 2004, 09:38 PM »
Thanks for the info on the wine filters.  I have not had to worry about aging the wine.  Everyone wants a taste which turns into a bottle and then I send them home with some.  My friends are good about returning the bottles to be refilled!!

Just bottled some Gewurztraminer, It is not that good.  something must have went wrong. Well next batch will start soon. Just have to decide what to try next.
Any suggestions?

There is a wine book that I hear is good and it is from the " for dummies"  Wine for dummies.

grumpymoe

« Reply #31 on: Apr 25, 2004, 06:21 PM »
personally, i cant drink german wines...most of them are too sweet...its really a matter of choice...i like dry reds or whites...a zero and occassionally a 1... try a chardonnay or sauvignon blanc, pinot blanc... i am sure you wont be disappointed...grump

Coldfeet

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #32 on: May 02, 2004, 04:55 PM »
give me the good ol' farmer style wines. Like Dandilion, Pumpkin, or Elderberry. Some of thes styles of wines are awsome. With a nice little kick. I'm not into the real sofisticated stuff nor do I care to be. But a good homemade is something to enjoy. I did get a couple of bottles of Organic grown peach and a white,From my boss.  I believe they were a NY wine and they were great. Nice flavor slightly dry but very good to the taste buds. He is gone now and I cann't seem to find anything like it on the market.
Cold Feet
Did you put the plug in the boat?

minnow

« Reply #33 on: May 23, 2004, 03:44 PM »
I am going to give watermellon wine a go this year.
What does dandilion wine tast like?
I have alot of dandilions is it worth trying a batch?

Mudbug

« Reply #34 on: May 30, 2004, 08:25 AM »
When I wanna good wine, I take my Jewish girfriend fishing.

redfishryan

« Reply #35 on: May 09, 2006, 08:54 PM »
do you guys recommend any books that have recipes for wild game meals and wines that compliment them? i'm new at all the hunting stuff and i love to cook. i'm only 22 so i havent been legal to drink for long and plus i dont drink anyway, but i heard a glass of wine can compliment a wild game meal well. just wondering cause i'd like to cook my wife a nice meal every once in a while. thanks

fishryc

« Reply #36 on: May 10, 2006, 11:17 AM »
do you guys recommend any books that have recipes for wild game meals and wines that compliment them? i'm new at all the hunting stuff and i love to cook. i'm only 22 so i havent been legal to drink for long and plus i dont drink anyway, but i heard a glass of wine can compliment a wild game meal well. just wondering cause i'd like to cook my wife a nice meal every once in a while. thanks

Fool around with various Google Searches on meat type recipes. I quickly did a search on "venison recipes and table wine" and got this:

http://www.chefrick.com/html/wine.html

Lot's of stuff on the web.
good luck
"A liberal is someone who feels a great debt to his fellow man; a debt he proposes to pay off with your money".

"Defeat the fear of death and welcome the death of fear.”

G. Gordon Liddy

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.