FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: The chu  (Read 35515 times)

elevatorman

• Finally made it on to team Lund ! 18 Sport Angler.
Re: The chu
« Reply #240 on: Apr 22, 2018, 04:36 PM »
Good question I haven't heard of any big ones being caught the ones I caught where just stockiest.
Lifes journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in awell preserved body; but rather to skid in side ways totally worn out shouting (holy sh*t)  WHAT A RIDE! FISH ON!.

taxid

« Reply #241 on: Apr 22, 2018, 05:15 PM »
Maybe the big lakers feed on the stockers?  ;D
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

CMD1987

« Reply #242 on: Apr 22, 2018, 08:15 PM »
Wachusett Res has yielded gold pin brown, rainbow, and brook trout. Browns/brooks stocked in tribs. All trout have the potential to do well, great cold water habitat.

For what it’s worth, at a presentation by DCR, there were biologists there, the issue of removing the quinapoxet dam Was brought up. The biologists said that there was a chance a natural population of steel head could become established if the dam was ever removed. They were more or less speculating - but I would guess rainbow  trout do quite well in the Res.

Eastciderida

« Reply #243 on: Apr 22, 2018, 08:36 PM »
Wachusett Res has yielded gold pin brown, rainbow, and brook trout. Browns/brooks stocked in tribs. All trout have the potential to do well, great cold water habitat.

For what it’s worth, at a presentation by DCR, there were biologists there, the issue of removing the quinapoxet dam Was brought up. The biologists said that there was a chance a natural population of steel head could become established if the dam was ever removed. They were more or less speculating - but I would guess rainbow  trout do quite well in the Res.
Talked to a guy last trip out there he walked the streams coming in to the chu with the dcr said they are putting a lot of time and effort in to cleaning up and setting up the streams to try and get the land locks some more water to get in and spawn. I’d love to see them remove the d**n it would open up some more great fishing over the years

SalmonAndStriper Stalker

• landlocked salmon,stripers,lake trout,trout,bass
« Reply #244 on: Apr 22, 2018, 09:32 PM »
A few salmon make it pass the dam. I have caught a couple upstream of the dam in the fall. I catch giant rainbows up to 5lbs every year in the tribs. So they may not be joking about steelhead. I have won gold pin for salmon and rainbow out of wachusett. It has amazing trophy trout potential.

Ash82

« Reply #245 on: Apr 23, 2018, 10:53 AM »
Nice pics Matt! Glad to see you got into them this weekend. I tried to go after some brookies with no luck!

I have seen some salmon in the rivers while hiking, but went back and could not locate them. Maybe the next time!

SalmonAndStriper Stalker

« Reply #246 on: Apr 23, 2018, 11:22 AM »
Anybody else out here on this beautiful day.

elevatorman

• Finally made it on to team Lund ! 18 Sport Angler.
« Reply #247 on: Apr 23, 2018, 11:35 AM »
Working :'(
Lifes journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in awell preserved body; but rather to skid in side ways totally worn out shouting (holy sh*t)  WHAT A RIDE! FISH ON!.

SalmonAndStriper Stalker

« Reply #248 on: Apr 23, 2018, 11:55 AM »
Will post pics if I get anything.

SHaRPS

• Honor Respect Loyalty
« Reply #249 on: Apr 23, 2018, 11:56 AM »
Went Saturday and it was pretty packed from what I could see. Tossed a few types of metal from sunrise - 9 with no luck. Switched over to 2 shiner rigs and never even got a bite. My old man had one bite and we fished from sunrise until 12. I can tell you that there were people every 20 yards or so along the shore line and all i saw was 1 small laker caught. Beautiful place with a slow bite, pretty much exactly what I predicted. I will definitely be back for revenge.
Wicked Wec

Jschumacher

• Fish often. It's a way of life. Life Member NAFC.
« Reply #250 on: Apr 23, 2018, 12:19 PM »
Nice pics Matt! Glad to see you got into them this weekend. I tried to go after some brookies with no luck!

I have seen some salmon in the rivers while hiking, but went back and could not locate them. Maybe the next time!
Better to leave salmon in the rivers alone. Especially if it was the fall. Let them do their thing. If your looking for some native brookies send me a Pm
I fish every chance I get and enjoy every time I fish. They call it fishing not catchin

Member of The GODS

Jschumacher

• Fish often. It's a way of life. Life Member NAFC.
« Reply #251 on: Apr 23, 2018, 12:24 PM »
Went Saturday and it was pretty packed from what I could see. Tossed a few types of metal from sunrise - 9 with no luck. Switched over to 2 shiner rigs and never even got a bite. My old man had one bite and we fished from sunrise until 12. I can tell you that there were people every 20 yards or so along the shore line and all i saw was 1 small laker caught. Beautiful place with a slow bite, pretty much exactly what I predicted. I will definitely be back for revenge.
Fished Saturday sunrise until 10am. Had a decent one on the shore with in 5 minutes. That was it. Not another bite between 3 of us. Also very shocked that we were the only 3 there. From what I have read it was packed most places. Will be back at it after work Tuesday
I fish every chance I get and enjoy every time I fish. They call it fishing not catchin

Member of The GODS

SalmonAndStriper Stalker

« Reply #252 on: Apr 23, 2018, 12:30 PM »
Salmon #1 on a slip bobber at 10ft. 20in long and the skinniest salmon I have ever seen. It wad 4.5in from top to bottom. Looked like a pencil.

SalmonAndStriper Stalker

« Reply #253 on: Apr 23, 2018, 12:51 PM »
Salmon 2 and 3

lowaccord66

« Reply #254 on: Apr 23, 2018, 12:58 PM »
Nice!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com