FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: my new go to lure  (Read 3235 times)

double-aught

my new go to lure
« on: Jun 22, 2010, 01:58 PM »
i've been having tremendous success using a 1/64 jig, with a chaurtreause head and micky finn pattern body, tipped with a 3" piece of garden worm.
last sunday an a local impoundment i landed 2 nice keeper bass, one 16.5", 3 rainbow trout, 15" each, 6 slab sunnies, one was the biggest i ever caught, 10", two decent crappie, and a smallish perch.
all this in about 3.5 hrs fishing.
we were just drifting in the breeze, i let the line out as far as i could cast, and then fed out about that much again. no bobber, or extra weight. all the fish slammed it when they hit.
i've had similar successes in lots of other places, too.
whats your go to?

KingPerch Jr.

• SOCCER: Gotta love it!!
Re: my new go to lure
« Reply #1 on: Jun 22, 2010, 03:44 PM »
My go to lure is got to be a weighted tube jig!!!! ;D 8)
Red Sox!
Bartel Road Bait and Tackle

slipperybob

« Reply #2 on: Jun 25, 2010, 02:32 AM »
My goto lure has always been pretty much a Yozuri altima Pins minnow.  My fallback plan will always be a Flu Flu jig.  Then maybe tip it with some soft plastics.
Slip bobber fishing and ice lounger.

Slipperybob's Wish to Fish and MN Dish...Journal

ma_fisherman

« Reply #3 on: Nov 11, 2010, 11:19 PM »
Wow double aught thats quite a diverse day at your local water impoundment.  Im up here in Mass. and when the water cools in oct and early nov i find the only way to get the big lgmouth is working something on the bottom very slowly.  Usually an assortment of rubber worms or rubber grubs will get the job done but this yr i have found a new weapon.  The "road runner".  jigging these guys very slowly up and down on the bottom has worked incredible.  the 1/8 size seems big enough to keep most nuisance fish away but still big enough to get big bass to chase.  That squigly tail, jighead, and spinning blade all combined works wonders this time of year.

One other lure i discovered this summer was a Thomas Spinner.  Never thought to try one til a friend suggested.  Now Thomas is better know for their spoons but the spinner is fantastic.  I have a gold one with an oversized spinner blade and the stem has beebe like gold balls along the length.  This spinner gets incredible spin action with a very slow retrieve.  I dont believe i have ever seen a spinner get so much spin with so slow a retrieve.  Anyone else use these thomas spinners with any luck?  good thread....i hope it gets plenty of replies....i will be interested in others thoughts...

SassyBassy

« Reply #4 on: Nov 12, 2010, 05:45 AM »
could you post a picture of that rig sounds interesting

luckyduck22

• Get em
« Reply #5 on: Nov 12, 2010, 06:22 AM »
x-rap or white mister twister

littleripper

« Reply #6 on: Nov 12, 2010, 07:28 AM »
RaTtLe TrAp

fishermantim4

« Reply #7 on: Nov 12, 2010, 11:03 AM »
This is a very tough one. I fish for a variety of fish through out the year. I don't really have a go lure or bait presentatio for all of them, but a slip bobber with a small white tube is usually effective on anything i'm chasing. But i use alot of jigs for everything
"there's no fish in this ditch!"

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.