FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Good Telescopic Rods  (Read 1966 times)

SISIF

Good Telescopic Rods
« on: Apr 10, 2011, 02:34 PM »
I'm looking to buy a telescopic rod or two. One I'd like 7', and the other a long one like 10' for really whipping heavy lures/ bait out there. Both can be medium action, the longer can be a bit heavier.... But all the telescopics I've seen are so stiff. The nicest one I've seen I worry the tip would snap under the weight of throwing a heavy Livetarget as I do. I also find stiff rods to let the fish shake the hook more often, that's why I like my 7' Ugly Stick and wish they made these telescopic. Any telescopics out here with a good action? Or even pack rods that break down small enough for a backpack. I know there's an ugly pack rod but I've only seen 6'6". It seams like all telies are crap for action so maybe a pack rod is my best bet but I'm not seeing many options.

SISIF

Re: Good Telescopic Rods
« Reply #1 on: Apr 11, 2011, 06:56 PM »
I ended up just getting a 10' telescopic. It's stiff, but it's not bad. At $80 I hope it doesn't break on me... Also grabbed a 20' Shakespeare Wonderpole. Never used one, but it's pretty neat it'll allow me to jig in some places where I wouldn't be able to cast in.

Bought plenty of heavy lures today too, to launch out with the 10'.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.