FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Light up bobbers  (Read 5963 times)

chris458wm

Light up bobbers
« on: Apr 19, 2012, 08:17 PM »
I seen these bobbers that light up at night that are pretty big and battery operated.  I was wondering if anyone used them or know someone that has.  Are they any good or is there a better mousetrap for seeing your bobber at night?

Buggies

Re: Light up bobbers
« Reply #1 on: Apr 19, 2012, 08:27 PM »
I've used them night fishing with worms before. Their pretty good for what they are, a bobber that lights up that you can see at night, some also have a rattle to them with beads so you can hear the bobber bounce as well. I would definitely recommend them if you're looking for a bobber to use at night time.

BIGCREW

« Reply #2 on: Apr 27, 2012, 08:38 AM »
I use them once in a while,they work good,another thing I do is find yourself some of those Styrofoam weighted bobbers the ones with the lead weight in the bottom,all you need now is a pack of those small glo sticks the glo stick will fit in the hole at the top of the bobber I have had the batterys go dead on me over time,with the glo stick you dont have that problem.

eyewinder

Lighted bobbers are cool. . .
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2012, 08:48 AM »
Lighted bobbers are great, especially if you're of an age (I'm 62) when it becomes more difficult to see objects floating on the water's surface (bobbers, dry flies, etc.).

You can disengage the battery and fish the bobber without using battery life until sun drops and you have a hard time seeing it--then engage the battery and you're good for the rest of the night (or at least until you fall asleep).  ;D

Skipper

• MFF Mod Team
  • Fish for uglies!
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2012, 11:26 AM »
I like the Thill "Night N Day" bobbers way more for night fishing. They have a bright glow paint that you can charge with a flashlight. No dead batteries! The other thing I like about them is that they are not so bright. Sometimes it is hard to tell when a lighted bobber is going down slowly when the water is clear, these don't have that problem. They are only a few cents more than a regular thill float too. The paint works for many years.

jmh58

« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2012, 03:46 PM »
Thanks skipper.. Gotta find me one of those!! Thanks..  John
A great rabbit chase ends with BANG!
Lookee there.. I got a bite!!

Skipper

• MFF Mod Team
  • Fish for uglies!
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2012, 04:59 PM »

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum