FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Walleye time ?  (Read 5329 times)

INDY HOGGER

Walleye time ?
« on: Mar 06, 2004, 03:28 PM »
 Anybody have any info. on  Williams Dam,  Cataract, or Racoon?
 What the water temp. is and are they hitting yet? ???

jigfool

Re: Walleye time ?
« Reply #1 on: Mar 06, 2004, 05:32 PM »
I don't have any info, but do have a question. How's the walleye fishing on Raccoon? I panfish the lake but don't fish for walleyes there.

lil crappie

« Reply #2 on: Mar 09, 2004, 06:20 PM »
I haven't been out  since the ice came off but check the post on walleye.com for the St. Joe river in SW Michigan, and I would say it's a safe bet that they are biting.  TIGHTLINES!!!

daffydone

« Reply #3 on: Mar 10, 2004, 03:05 PM »
I heard a rumor that the eye's are biting on the st. Mary"s river, does anyone know if this is true? I have never walleye fished before, but I would love to catch one! :P

High Tide

« Reply #4 on: Mar 11, 2004, 11:40 AM »
I have not heard of St. Mary's River what part of the state is that located?

daffydone

« Reply #5 on: Mar 12, 2004, 07:24 AM »
northeast indiana / ohio line just south of fortwayne

crappie66

• BOILER UP
« Reply #6 on: Mar 12, 2004, 03:52 PM »
When I was younger, 8 - 12, we lived in a house on the river bank of the St. Mary's River in Fort Wayne and not once did I catch a walleye there.  My friend and I fished the river at least once a day from spring to fall.  We caught a lot of channel cats and carp though, and saw a few pike caught.

I have, however, heard several people mention good walleye catches out of there.  Someone once told me there is an area out by Southtown Mall where there are a lot of walleyes when they start making their spawning runs in the spring.  If you go there, be sure you have a loaded gun for protection.

High Tide

« Reply #7 on: Mar 12, 2004, 07:10 PM »
Thanks for the info. daffydone, and for the warning crappie.

daffydone

« Reply #8 on: Mar 13, 2004, 07:56 PM »
I just went to the st. mary's on the ohio side, and so far no luck, I am going sun. hope they have started running! $ 40 for an out of state lisence, thats nuts! and indiana is twenty, if this keeps up, yhe only thing I will be able to feed my family is the fish I catch, because the rest of my paycheck will go toward the lisence fees!

irishfan

« Reply #9 on: Mar 15, 2004, 01:02 PM »
we go to maumee oh for walleye where on the st marys do you go ? you can only keep 3 fish up there what about the st marys

daffydone

« Reply #10 on: Mar 23, 2004, 03:36 PM »
we go to the st.mary's on 127, just on the indiana ohio state line, and I believe the limit is three, I wiil have to check the regulations, to be sure.

Mr.Vertical

• Beware Walleye....
« Reply #11 on: Mar 26, 2004, 04:24 PM »
Fished Prarie Creek today,got 23 crappie,and 4 keeper walleyes,the biggest pushing 181/2"water temp was pushing 50 degrees,all these fish were caught on tube jigs crappie fishing

livin4ice

« Reply #12 on: Mar 27, 2004, 07:06 AM »
Fished Mississinewa damm on Wednesday afternoon/evening with no luck.  The water was barely flowing and was only a foot to two feet deep.  Fished tubes, twister tails and rapalas.  Didn't see anyone else doing any good either.  Will try farther downstream in some holes and report back.

High Tide

« Reply #13 on: Mar 27, 2004, 09:41 AM »
This posting should be somewhere else, but here is my walleye update on Brookville Res.  10 crappie -5 Keepers, one 4 pound stipper, one 4 pound catfich, at least 10 larger mouth, 20 bluegills- 3 Keepers, nooooooo walleye!!!!!  Oh well I will keep on keeping on.  I'll give it another week.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.