FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Perch spreaders or dropper hooks?  (Read 2221 times)

aquaman

• I,ll be home before dark. ( yeah right)
Perch spreaders or dropper hooks?
« on: Apr 21, 2006, 12:12 PM »
Any opinions on perch tactics using spreaders with blades vs sraight drop hooks?How many drop hooks on a straight rig.I havent noticed an improved catch with spreaders and seem to miss more hits with them.Any input?
I remember EVERY TIME I fished or hunted. The REST of the time I...uh...um..... musta been doing something else that didnt matter.

woodsman

Re: Perch spreaders or dropper hooks?
« Reply #1 on: Apr 21, 2006, 03:30 PM »
I have good success with them. I use the ones with 2 drop hooks. Just make sure the ones you are using for perch don't have to big of hooks on them. I generally use #6 hooks baited with small minnows. Some rigs come with hooks as large as #2. I also like to use a jig head baited with a worm as my bottom weight. Use one just big enough to keep the jig on bottom. Then sit back & watch for your rod tip to wiggle.
Living proof \"that beer builds better bellies\".

JerryofWNY

• Get involved with your local club!
Re: Perch spreaders or dropper hooks?
« Reply #2 on: Apr 21, 2006, 05:09 PM »
Eric, the few I got yesterday came on a spreader with fire tiger blades on the spreader - not the hooks. Before that I fished a crappie rig with 2 hooks and no blades. Nothing but gobies on that.  The guy with me fished the same crappie rig and did nothing but gobies. The spreader/blades might have been the difference.
"Most folks are just about as happy as they make up their minds to be."....Abe Lincoln

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.