My Fish Finder Main > General Fishing Discussion

Fined for overharvesting carp in Connecticut?

<< < (2/4) > >>

rgfixit:
As an avid carp fisher……I’m not sure how I feel. Local law is what it is and it was violated.

I’ve never thought of creel or size limits for carp. For me it’s always been C&R. Many kill them for sport which, while legal, doesn’t sit well with me. They’re part of the ecosystem, do no discernible damage ( that I’ve seen ) and are a super game fish to target. ( there’s a fresh tub of pack bait in my fridge as I type)

They just don’t get no respect !

meandcuznalfy:
Although fun to catch as a by catch while fishing for other species, never would have thought that there'd be a limit on them, they clearly violated the law, I toss all mine back.

lowaccord66:
The state changed the law a few years back.  Lots of avid carp guys in CT. 

mcully:
with carp tourneys bringing people from all over the world to the states to fish for them I would expect to see new regs on carp. Give something a $$$ value and regulation will follow. That's always the argument with elephant hunting- Big money to shoot one means protection. Without big money being spent to hunt they are just a huge nuisance animal open to extermination like our urban deer are turning into.

filetandrelease:
 We use to catch them to keep in practice for the king salmon run in the fall

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version