FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle
This board sponsored by
Please visit out sponsor FishUSA.com

Author Topic: winter weather  (Read 2728 times)

supervdl

winter weather
« on: Feb 16, 2018, 07:30 AM »
stinks this year - season appears to be cut short. Thinking of getting into some river cat fishing this year.

Bowmandan

Re: winter weather
« Reply #1 on: Feb 17, 2018, 11:07 AM »
Come to SouthDakota.  We have 20 inches of ice and not getting warm any time soon

fishon12

« Reply #2 on: Feb 18, 2018, 05:43 AM »
Time to get ready for soft water fishing!!

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3 on: Feb 18, 2018, 06:09 AM »
I have been ready but theres still 20" of ice and a lot of snow in the woods.... :P
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

Mac Attack

« Reply #4 on: Feb 18, 2018, 10:38 AM »
Time to get ready for soft water fishing!!

:thumbup_smilie:

Spider1

« Reply #5 on: Feb 19, 2018, 07:53 AM »
hey superv, yep I'm feeling the same way. Sorry to see it go so soon but there ain't much to do about it. It's just a mind set, now I can't wait for the ice to get out of my way. :cursing:

Spider1

« Reply #6 on: Feb 23, 2018, 06:29 AM »
I can't believe there are guys over on shanty still begging for ice reports!  :cookoo:  Haven't these guys been outside anytime last week? I think I'm gonna take a day off next week and bring the kayak up to Promised land. I need a new permit for it so I might as well get it and take a paddle around.

supervdl

« Reply #7 on: Feb 23, 2018, 06:58 AM »
Yeah I am with you Spider. We must find some open water. I will see this weekend if the ice is off the lakes by my house if not I head over to the Delaware for some cats. A guy ice-fished a lake by my house on Tuesday this week and fell threw. Fire department had to pull him out. He was lucky to get rescued- this lake is not very accessible.

Spider1

« Reply #8 on: Feb 23, 2018, 09:10 AM »
that's crazy. I can't understand why guys would even try to walk on ice now. Glad he was rescued.

I think by next week it won't be too hard to find open water. Probably ain't too hard finding it now, lol!

fishon12

« Reply #9 on: Feb 24, 2018, 03:21 AM »
Plenty of open water here in southwestern pa. Too bad it's all raging at flood levels at the moment.

Spider1

« Reply #10 on: Feb 24, 2018, 05:53 AM »
There's gotta be lakes and ponds that aren't "raging". Just the rivers are at flood levels right? I figure I'm gonna burn a vaca day either tue or wed and go up to a favorite lake. Mainly just to get my launch permit and paddle around, but I do think I'll bring a pole just to give me something else to do ;)

ole sam

« Reply #11 on: Feb 24, 2018, 09:48 AM »
Yep, lots of open water around PA. :'(  I'll bet the perch are hitting somewhere...   :D Got the sled out today and the kayak in the truck.  The boat trailer needs two tires though, gotta get them this week.
Don't tell fish stories where the people know you; but particularly, don't tell them where they know the fish. - Mark Twain

chris458wm

« Reply #12 on: Feb 25, 2018, 10:50 AM »
Come to SouthDakota.  We have 20 inches of ice and not getting warm any time soon

If I could pull it off I'd be loading the truck and heading out right now.   :'(

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.