FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Indiana Camping  (Read 1883 times)

frozengator

Indiana Camping
« on: Apr 25, 2014, 04:52 AM »
Any good ones to look for? Something to take my boat and fish close also.

crappiehunter

Re: Indiana Camping
« Reply #1 on: Apr 25, 2014, 06:35 AM »
Any of the state parks are great, what area are you in?
Crappie, Bass, Gills, Eyes, Pike, anything that swims!!

Boomer

« Reply #2 on: Apr 25, 2014, 09:14 AM »
Monroe Reservoir and Hardy Lake are really good.  Something quiet? try Summit Lake.  Lots of choices, this was just a sample.

bwalker

« Reply #3 on: Apr 25, 2014, 02:24 PM »
I like Paynetown on Monroe, that's  where I was last weekend.  Getting ready to leave for Brookville in a few minutes, White Water or try Mounds SRA for the first time gunna decide at the last minute.  Those are both a couple of my Favorites.  I like Paynetown because they have spots on the lake that are actually on the lake.  Not like some places where it's so far back in a cove you don't have a good view and it's hard to fish from you site.  Defiantly a beautiful view at Paynetown and you can fish out a ways from the flooded timber on the opposite side of the peninsula, the stripers have been biting. :)

frozengator

« Reply #4 on: Apr 25, 2014, 07:09 PM »
Any of the state parks are great, what area are you in?
Northern Indiana,  I like the idea of the Paynetown one with fishing spots on your campsite. Have to look it up.  I just have a tent so primitive is the way I would go. Electric would be nice, but not a must have.

Bronzeback5

« Reply #5 on: Apr 25, 2014, 08:58 PM »
Salamonie is nice if you get a camp spot on the peninsula closest to the marina. You can beach your boat and get in and out as you please. Nothing worse than having to pull the boat in and out all the time.

Ice_Mike

« Reply #6 on: Apr 25, 2014, 09:05 PM »
Roy, Paynetown is my favorite campground. You can get a campsite on the water and never trailer the boat until you leave for home.
We use to reserve 5 or 6 campsites on the bay by the boat ramp every year about this time.
Nothing like fishing with 20 buddies for a week.

mike

frozengator

« Reply #7 on: Apr 25, 2014, 10:36 PM »
Roy, Paynetown is my favorite campground. You can get a campsite on the water and never trailer the boat until you leave for home.
We use to reserve 5 or 6 campsites on the bay by the boat ramp every year about this time.
Nothing like fishing with 20 buddies for a week.

mike
Thanks Mike ;D    And thank you everyone else too.  Maybe I will have to plan something next year and meet up with yall there.

drine_11

« Reply #8 on: Apr 26, 2014, 08:02 PM »
I like camping around Missy and Sally..but yet again I live close to them, so maybe i'm biased. 

Anyone know of any good camping sites in SE indiana????  Was looking to hunt down there but dont really see many places to camp and fish while im not in the woods.

rico

• Give me some lovin'
« Reply #9 on: Apr 27, 2014, 06:52 AM »
IMHO Summit Lake is the best lake in the state that is set up for fishermen.  There are no pleasure boaters there.  Great camping facilities.

hounds

• If it were easy !!! Everyone would do it!
« Reply #10 on: Apr 27, 2014, 07:42 PM »
The never visited the parks south of Indy, but I do like Summits set up their near New Castle.

soft water angler

« Reply #11 on: Apr 30, 2014, 05:28 AM »
If your looking to fish multiple lakes.  In northwest Whitley county their is a small campground called Forest Ridge. It's not far from a good selection of lakes in Koscuisko county. Once a year the Spoonpluggers have their annual meeting there. They always seem to do well. 

frozengator

« Reply #12 on: Apr 30, 2014, 10:53 PM »
I know of a campgrounds on the Randal chain in Michigan, the campgrounds I think is waffle something. That was a nice place Just would like something like that here in IN, Chain o lakes is nice but your not on the water. I am really interested in Paynetown Campgrounds. I was in Missy the other weekend and I came across a couple that was looking for shrooms, they said they used to camp back where I was heading. Now they won't let you camp back there >:( Another bad apple ruined it for everyone! Nice area back there.  I grew up in Florida and I remember a lot of places we used to camp and not a sole around for miles. Set a pole out and fish all night. That would be nice to do again.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.