FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Big Carp Chronicles  (Read 14035 times)

Bartman44

Re: Big Carp Chronicles
« Reply #105 on: Oct 27, 2022, 06:12 PM »
Nice going RG, I'll have to get my grandson into the carp bite next spring.

Water Wolf

• BE YOURSELF - everyone else is taken.
« Reply #106 on: Dec 31, 2022, 01:29 PM »
Those are big carp, nice going rgfixit, great chronicles. :)

I don't often go for carp, but, when I do always enjoy catching them, so strong, even the little ones. :w00t:

WW

taxid

« Reply #107 on: Feb 26, 2023, 10:40 AM »
We've always had good luck with ground up Wheaties cereal mixed with vanilla extract and water. The carp homed in on them quickly.
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

rigo.shark1

« Reply #108 on: Apr 29, 2023, 02:59 PM »
We've always had good luck with ground up Wheaties cereal mixed with vanilla extract and water. The carp homed in on them quickly.
I've never tried that mix before, sounds interesting! Does the vanilla extract attract the carp better then other scents?
Tampa, FL Angler 🎣 | Chasing the Big Ones 🐟 | Saltwater & Freshwater Fanatic | Always Ready to Cast a Line and Share Stories 🌊🎣🌞

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #109 on: Apr 29, 2023, 03:08 PM »
Are there carp in Florida?
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

taxid

« Reply #110 on: Apr 30, 2023, 06:19 PM »
I've never tried that mix before, sounds interesting! Does the vanilla extract attract the carp better then other scents?

I don't know as that is all we used. Never tried anything else. All I know is it didn't take long for them to home in on the bait.
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Mac Attack

« Reply #111 on: Apr 30, 2023, 06:34 PM »

taxid

« Reply #112 on: May 10, 2023, 10:00 PM »
I think they are just about everywhere. I've caught my biggest ones in nearly sterile trout lakes.

PikeKing23

« Reply #113 on: May 11, 2023, 01:26 AM »
Started the season catching a lot of small males, but the big girls finally came in. I figured out that they are much more active in the evenings/night and only little guys during the day. Got 3 over 20lbs so far and 1 fat mutant!

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #114 on: May 11, 2023, 03:46 AM »
Nice fish! Haven’t had time to go after them yet. Still getting the golf course set up. Should ease up soon…..I hope.
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.