FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Gardens anyone?  (Read 513398 times)

MILLERMANKT

Re: Gardens anyone?
« Reply #3345 on: Apr 24, 2020, 11:03 PM »
Here is an arial from about 10 years ago.
The end greenhouse with the three black dots is now twice as long..  This was taken in the fall and you can still see a lot of mums out in the mum field...

Raq , is this your home ?  It's amazing

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3346 on: Apr 25, 2020, 05:22 AM »
Raq , is this your home ?  It's amazing

No. Its 2 miles down the road from my house.   
Its the place i manage...
Its way better running it , that way i don't have to worry about the taxes, electric and heating bills.  Let alone the 100 thousand dollars just to order everything just to get started.. ;)
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

bart

• Gone fish'n, not wish'n
« Reply #3347 on: Apr 25, 2020, 07:37 AM »
A little bit bigger than my garden...  quite the operation!
KEEP AMERICA GREAT!  God Bless America!
"Many fish their entire lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after."-Henry David Thoreau

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3348 on: Apr 30, 2020, 03:56 PM »
It was really sucky outside all day but the
Scarlett Begonias  made me happy.  For all that aren't old hippies that's a Grateful Dead song.. ;D ;D ;D  8) 8)

Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3349 on: Apr 30, 2020, 04:02 PM »
 Everything else is in full bloom. Just need  good weather and a lot of customers...

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3350 on: Apr 30, 2020, 04:24 PM »
Looks fantastic as always.

Mothers day is coming and i think people are feeling a bit more comfortable Dom. I hope they buy you out.

Bob

If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3351 on: May 02, 2020, 01:39 PM »
Got my potatoes planted and seeds for some marigolds and cardinal climbers. Cleared out the bed in the back yard and started some seeds to germinate.

Also put some hardware cloth over my Native Bee House. Too many birds....starlings, sparrows, nuthatches, downy woodpeckers etc....homing in on the free meal.

While i was putting up the wire, i watched 2 different mason bees stocking the nest blocks. I waited to see if they'd have trouble finding their holes. It took a couple minutes but both entered without a peoblem and kept at their jobs.

Really fun to watch.
Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3352 on: May 03, 2020, 02:25 PM »
Did more gardening today. Weeded the area along side of the garage and put down a few packs of wild flower seed. Planted some Mammoth Sunlfower seeds, pruned the dead growth from our Clematis vines.

You were absolutely correct about the clematis Dom. Let them go!  They looked completely dead and just statred producing buds all over the vines except the very last growth

One of our tulip beds is at full bloom....damned deer ate the other bed to the ground. Hostas are all up, bleeding heart is full of flowers.

Asparagus is coming up fast, spinach in the Trough is out of control and I ate  my first couple radishes.
Spring is finally beginning to spring!

Rg

Bosco

« Reply #3353 on: May 03, 2020, 04:25 PM »
I had my first garden asparagus today. Shallots have been making their way into several meals as well. Strawberries are just starting to flower, snow/snap peas are starting to grab hold of the trellis. Peach, plum and cherry trees are blossoming big-time.  Apples and pears are opening up but blossoms are still awhile away. Lots of stuff under the lamps waiting for me to recoup from a pair of Walleye all-nighters to go in the ground. Walleye fishing & Fruit/vegetable gardening, my #1 and 2 hobbies/passions. If I make it to retirement I won't be bored.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3354 on: May 03, 2020, 04:51 PM »
I'd say ...good planning.

Family, Hobbies, friends, fishing, gardening....they all keep,you alive.

Rg

MILLERMANKT

« Reply #3355 on: May 03, 2020, 10:23 PM »
I got my potato barrels planted, 2 red , 1 yellow and 1 russet. We'll see how they turn out. The peas and snap peas are doing well and I started a salad garden . I mixed 3 different kinds of leaf lettuce and some spinach seeds together and sprinkled them in a 2x4 ft. garden box I made, something different All the other seedlings down stairs are doing nicely.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3356 on: May 04, 2020, 07:17 AM »
I had my first garden asparagus today. Shallots have been making their way into several meals as well. Strawberries are just starting to flower, snow/snap peas are starting to grab hold of the trellis. Peach, plum and cherry trees are blossoming big-time.  Apples and pears are opening up but blossoms are still awhile away. Lots of stuff under the lamps waiting for me to recoup from a pair of Walleye all-nighters to go in the ground. Walleye fishing & Fruit/vegetable gardening, my #1 and 2 hobbies/passions. If I make it to retirement I won't be bored.

Did you plant yourshallots last fall? I was thinking about adding some to my herb plot.

I've got seeds   germinating for a variety of stuff. Pickles, cukes, Brussels sprouts, broccoli, tomatoes, cardinal Climbers and peppers.

I'll move them to the trough planter in little peat pots in a few days. Then in a couple weeks ....maybe 3, I'll transplant them to the gardens.

We have a freeze warning tonight and tomorrow night. Maybe even snow showers romorrow morning.

Rg

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3357 on: May 05, 2020, 03:47 PM »
Got tomatoes.. 8)

Perch-Pirate

« Reply #3358 on: May 05, 2020, 03:48 PM »
Raq,
Coming along nicely! Maybe some fried green tomatoes are on the near horizon!!

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3359 on: May 05, 2020, 04:00 PM »
Raq,
Coming along nicely! Maybe some fried green tomatoes are on the near horizon!!

I like my green tomatoes pickled.. ;)

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.