FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Gardens anyone?  (Read 512818 times)

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
Re: Gardens anyone?
« Reply #3315 on: Apr 08, 2020, 08:16 AM »
Not much better than home grown asparagus. I added about 4" of good soil to top off my bed a few weeks ago so I'm sure it'll take a bit longer for mine to show.

Enjoy!
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

drowndin dots

• BOAT = break out another thousand
« Reply #3316 on: Apr 08, 2020, 09:14 AM »

No asperagus here either, but the strawberries have woken up.

Perch-Pirate

« Reply #3317 on: Apr 08, 2020, 10:08 AM »
My garlic is growing like crazy too!! Wish this weather would stay warm. I would love to get the garden going, but it’s way too early in this area.

Beekeeper1099

« Reply #3318 on: Apr 15, 2020, 01:03 PM »

I got the garden all tilled up. Still going to be quite a long time before I can plant anything other than some peas. The rhubarb is coming up.

bart

• Gone fish'n, not wish'n
« Reply #3319 on: Apr 15, 2020, 02:33 PM »
Beekeeper1099, I like that electric fence, I have to do the same. I have been parking my truck right next to and pointed towards the garden when the corn is near ready. Being up in age I get up two or three time a night, I hit the panic button.  ;D

Tilled the garden a couple of days ago. Today I tossed the compost from one bin to another and took care of the chickens. I ordered a few things...

KEEP AMERICA GREAT!  God Bless America!
"Many fish their entire lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after."-Henry David Thoreau

Beekeeper1099

« Reply #3320 on: Apr 15, 2020, 02:46 PM »
Looks like you have a nice piece of ground Bart. My wife wants chickens... I suppose I need to get building a coup. If i didn't have the electric fence the rabbits and deer eat pretty good. Lol

Beekeeper1099

« Reply #3321 on: Apr 15, 2020, 02:49 PM »
My ground is really dense. I've put compost and leaves to lighten the soil but I have more of a rock garden than I would like. I have trouble with root vegetables growing up out of the ground instead of down. I may end up with raised bed setup so I can do potatoes.

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3322 on: Apr 15, 2020, 03:37 PM »
Looking good guys..   :thumbup_smilie: :thumbup_smilie:
 Mine was covered with snow again this morning. :-\
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

bart

« Reply #3323 on: Apr 15, 2020, 03:53 PM »
Chickens are great pets. They provide eggs, compost and fertilizer too! My small garden is a little on the rocky side but doesn't hurt production...

"Many fish their entire lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after."-Henry David Thoreau

Beekeeper1099

« Reply #3324 on: Apr 15, 2020, 04:11 PM »

This is early last year. But had a good year. I would love to plant potatoes. My grandparents had a 4 acre garden. They grew the best potatoes

bart

« Reply #3325 on: Apr 15, 2020, 04:32 PM »
Looking good guys..   :thumbup_smilie: :thumbup_smilie:
 Mine was covered with snow again this morning. :-\

I had a dusting on the deck and the snowmobile trailer this morning, it melted quick though. Even though it was 40 degree and partly sunny we did have flurries on and off today.  I'm really looking forward to warmer temps soon...

bart

« Reply #3326 on: Apr 15, 2020, 04:56 PM »
beekeeper1099, I tried potatoes in a tower, which produced next to nothing. The Traditional way worked great.

With rocky soil, I did sift the soil for the row of carrots. I wanted regular carrots instead of the stubby variety.

Beekeeper1099

« Reply #3327 on: Apr 15, 2020, 04:58 PM »
I never thought of sifting the row... I'll have to try that for my carrots and maybe I'll try potatoes this year

bart

« Reply #3328 on: Apr 15, 2020, 05:05 PM »
Good luck with the garden this season...

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3329 on: Apr 16, 2020, 04:39 AM »
I did potato bags last season along with a bunch in my beds. The beds produced like crazy, the bags were a flop. I'm putting my tomatoes in the bags this season
The taters are staying in the beds.

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.