FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Sutton Spoons  (Read 2469 times)

Jack1972

Sutton Spoons
« on: Jul 13, 2018, 11:24 AM »
The more I read about these the more I'm dying to get a few.  However I've read good reviews on every lure I've bought & can't say they all produce. 

I know their shop is somewhat old school so I don't have the luxury of a catalog or web page to know WTH I'm ordering.  Can anyone give me some advice on three or fours of these that have worked well in the lakes region of NH on lead core?  I don't want to waste their time on the phone sounding like a complete schmuck.

fish wayniac

Re: Sutton Spoons
« Reply #1 on: Jul 13, 2018, 04:47 PM »
The 44 and 71 are a good trout and salmon spoon.
If the Sutton company is out of stock you could try Notheast troller in Maine. Carlsons makes lures that are very close. The orange crush and a pink version are fishy.

Jack1972

« Reply #2 on: Jul 13, 2018, 07:13 PM »
Thanks buddy.  Any specific color I should opt for in those sizes? And are those flutters or spoons?

fish wayniac

« Reply #3 on: Jul 13, 2018, 07:57 PM »
They are trolling spoons not flutter. The first pic a sutton is in the middle. The 2nd is the pearl white crush ice. I hear good things about the orange crush and the pink one.

fishlessman

« Reply #4 on: Jul 16, 2018, 10:26 AM »
he is on facebook but google sutton spoon size chart.  the 5, 61, 44, and 71 are the sizes i use, silver front copper back, hard spoon, not the flutters. 44 and 61 look close to the same but produce differently on different waters, 61 is the most popular

tracker2011

• I'm NH piker on IceShanty
« Reply #5 on: Aug 13, 2018, 05:35 PM »
I tried numerous times calling the guy in NY for Sutton’s and he says he’s out of stock and can’t tell me when or if he is going to have any.  I was told he sells them on eBay for 50 bucks for 3 of them which may be true. I’ve seen some selling like that. I have a bunch from a store that went out of business.  I grabbed everything he had.  I’m not getting rid of any. Sutton’s are my favorite. 5 for rainbows 44 and 61 and the 31 are my go to salmon sooons. If you can find some original ones grab them
Fishing is my first passion, just don't tell the wife!

fishlessman

« Reply #6 on: Aug 14, 2018, 08:25 AM »
I tried numerous times calling the guy in NY for Sutton’s and he says he’s out of stock and can’t tell me when or if he is going to have any.  I was told he sells them on eBay for 50 bucks for 3 of them which may be true. I’ve seen some selling like that. I have a bunch from a store that went out of business.  I grabbed everything he had.  I’m not getting rid of any. Sutton’s are my favorite. 5 for rainbows 44 and 61 and the 31 are my go to salmon sooons. If you can find some original ones grab them

he started selling them from his store this winter, but if he answers, call back until the woman answers the phone, she takes the orders, he tells you to call back later as he is busy

Mr.Harry

« Reply #7 on: Aug 15, 2018, 08:15 AM »
I have had luck on both flutters and ‘heavy’ depending on troll speed. The flutters do better into a head wind moving really slow. 61, 71, 31, 44 all good choices. I like the flutters hammered in silver/brass and the heavies in silver/copper. On a spring trip to rangely earlier this year, the flutter 71 was the magic number for brook trout and salmon. Never took it off, just kept crushing fish. Sewn smelt on my other rod.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.