FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Garden time!!!  (Read 38790 times)

slipbob

Re: Garden time!!!
« Reply #30 on: Jun 03, 2004, 04:29 PM »
Here's more perennial pics of some blooming now.
Some salvia which the bumblebees cant' get enough of.
[/img]
Some foxglove which is a biennial and is one of my favorites.  Some foxgloves are true perennials but most that you see are the biennial varieties.
[/img]
The poppies are fading.
[/img]
Some perennials I bought that have to be planted.
[/img]
Finally my prized habaneros that are awaiting planting.
[/img]
More to come as the season rolls on. 

crappieman12887

« Reply #31 on: Jun 03, 2004, 10:44 PM »
Here's more perennial pics of some blooming now.
Some salvia which the bumblebees cant' get enough of.
[/img]
Some foxglove which is a biennial and is one of my favorites.  Some foxgloves are true perennials but most that you see are the biennial varieties.
[/img]
The poppies are fading.
[/img]
Some perennials I bought that have to be planted.
[/img]
Finally my prized habaneros that are awaiting planting.
[/img]
More to come as the season rolls on. 
now i see what your up two. i think i will get the jump on ya guys and head out fishing in the morning why you a tending to your flowers,bill [nice garden pics,]

mike692

« Reply #32 on: Jun 04, 2004, 07:59 AM »
Nice pics Slipbob!
I spent the last three days working in the garden. I built a new grape arbor this week and planted most of my tomatoes. I am going to wait a couple days before I put peppers out. I also planted cukes, watermelons, and cantaloupes. Also cleaned out some lettuce and spinach that had either turned bitter or bolted. I planted a second crop of lettuce in the voids.

deerhunter,

I am a tomato freak. I planted a dozen or so varieties this year. When they start to get ripe that's all I eat until first frost. I hold the record for most BLT's eaten in consecutive days. ;D

slipbob

« Reply #33 on: Jun 07, 2004, 01:05 PM »
Here's some nice perennial pics from this weekend that my girlfriend took with my camera.
A nice scarlet poppy.
[/img]
Foxglove
[/img]
A longiflorum asiatic lily which are lightly fragrant and good naturalizers.
[/img]
There were some cedar waxwings in a small tree near my shed and I managed a picture of a couple.  They are very interesting birds and hit a tree or bush in a flock and just seem to eat all of what's there and move on to the next feed.  Great coloration.
[/img]
Finally a strawberry foxglove which is a true perennial variety.
[/img]

mike692

« Reply #34 on: Jun 08, 2004, 06:52 PM »
SB, Those foxglove are awesome! I just brought home a few more perennials yesterday. A yarrow plant, with red flowers, and bee balm.
I have an unused rabbit cage setting in the backyard that I've been putting off cleaning. Well I noticed last week that a cedar waxwing was collecting the fur from the cage for a nest. I figured that was a good excuse to leave it set even longer. ;)
This morning I went down and she had somehow managed to get herself stuck in the cage. I opened the door and took a step back and she was gone. I don't see many of them here so that was a treat to see one that close. They are a cool bird. They rank right up there with a rose-breasted grosbeak.

crappieman12887

« Reply #35 on: Jun 09, 2004, 07:34 PM »
slip bob, hey got any extra spinach you would like to sell, i haven't had any fish in a while, spinach seems to get Popeye motivated maybe it will work on me since I haven't had the time to go fishing.  and your garden looks like it is right full....lol
Bill
 ;D ;D

slipbob

« Reply #36 on: Jun 10, 2004, 08:17 AM »
Sorry Popeye this hot weather did in the spinach.  It's now up to it's usual move which is to start going to seed and it's over for the spinach untill the fall crop.  I'll replant spinach in late August and it's usually ready by early October and good untill freeze up.  My sugar snap peas are almost ready and I'll have lots of those for you.  A nice bowl of fresh steamed sugar peas would be a nice companion to some fresh fish.   ;)  I just gotta get the fish now.

livin4ice

« Reply #37 on: Jun 10, 2004, 08:07 PM »
I hate to admit it but this is the first time I have looked at this post.  I am a garden nut.  I especially like my roses.  The pic's above of the asain lilly's are great, they are also one of my favorites.  I took this pic of one of my roses the other morning.  I will try to get more and post soon.

fozsey

« Reply #38 on: Jun 10, 2004, 10:33 PM »
Nice Rose L4I... ;) Slipbob, I envy you. You do great work. I wish I had time to do all of that.  MY dad and I are lucky to get a wagon full of cucumbers by mid summer and tomatoes by fall.  :P We've had to replant twice now due to late frost... :(

slipbob

« Reply #39 on: Jun 11, 2004, 12:46 PM »
Nice Rose L4I... ;) Slipbob, I envy you. You do great work. I wish I had time to do all of that.  MY dad and I are lucky to get a wagon full of cucumbers by mid summer and tomatoes by fall.  :P We've had to replant twice now due to late frost... :(

Nice rose is right.  Those are what I don't have much of save for one lame rose bush.  foszey it takes me a lot of time.  Being single with no children allows me more freedom but I usually work every night after work outside for at least 2 hours to keep up.  I'm in the installation phase of a huge perennial garden now that is approximately 200 yards long by 20 yards wide and it should be done in about a month save for the bulbs that I will plant in October.  I am now working on a new veggie garden that's about 30ft by 30ft and I need to rent a small landscape tractor to do that.  I need to expand because gardening is something that just snowballs and it's never enough.  I want to do potatoes, carrots, peas, brussell sprouts, squash, tomatoes, peppers, beans, and god knows what else.  It just takes so much room to do the stuff so you need a big area and have to commit a lot of time.  The problem is I don't fish much now to keep up with it but once October rolls around gardening season slows down and I can fish a lot more.

slipbob

« Reply #40 on: Jun 17, 2004, 08:36 AM »
A couple more I took this morning.
The campanula "bellflower" is blooming nicely as is the catmint in the background which is the blue stuff.  It's not as strong as catnip but makes my cats a little wacky.
[/img]
[/img]

Jigwiggler

« Reply #41 on: Jun 25, 2004, 05:46 PM »
Well here is a pic of one of my beds in process.  I'll get some close ups once everything blooms again.

May your doorknobs smell of fish!!

slipbob

« Reply #42 on: Jun 28, 2004, 04:06 PM »
That's nice jw.  I see some nice hosta there and a possible fishing pond.  You could throw some bucketmouths in there and work em over with some topwater baits.  They wouldn't be able to hide.  LOL!

Jigwiggler

« Reply #43 on: Jun 29, 2004, 06:42 AM »
That's nice jw.  I see some nice hosta there and a possible fishing pond.  You could throw some bucketmouths in there and work em over with some topwater baits.  They wouldn't be able to hide.  LOL!

Hostas are getting ready to bloom and the roses and sage for a second time.  I'll get some close-up pics then.  No bass in the water garden but, there is an 18" channel cat and a 12" crappie.  You would not believe how clean the channel keeps that pond!  It gets alot of sun and early this summer it was getting quite dark and murky.  I dropped in a little cat that I caught in 3 days the water was crystal clear.  ;D  Thanks Mr. Whiskers!
May your doorknobs smell of fish!!

livin4ice

« Reply #44 on: Jul 02, 2004, 05:00 PM »
Been doing quite a bit of work in the flower beds lately.  I bought three more rose bushes and since thats my favorite I'm prety excited to see how they do.  Here are some pics of what is going on.

The Yarrow (SP?) is blooming

The roses are still blooming nicely
Pink Hybrid Tea

Double Delight

Climbing Pinata (new)

The Asiatic Lilly's are almost done

Also, could someone help me identify this.  It came up last year with some mixed wild flower seeds.  I like it but can't figure out what it is.  It has nice white and blue flowers on it.  It looks thorny but is very soft.  The flowers look kinda wicked.

Anyway, thats the update from here.......oh yea, I've been fishing too. ;D ;D ;D

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.