FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Heh Terrygonefishing  (Read 3924 times)

trapperdirk

Heh Terrygonefishing
« on: May 26, 2005, 12:17 AM »
Terry I ran across a site that lists alot of B.C lakes and hydrographically, that you can download in PDF files for free and thought you lads might be interested in to help in your discussions or maybe some I can even help you with to put in your reports and conditions boards on here if you wish . Heres the link and see if any of them are of any use to you .

http://beta.anglersatlas.com:8080/freemaps/bc/bclist.php

TD

The bush is not a passion , it's in my soul.

TD

TGF

• MFF Mod Team
  • I still got my eye on you guys...
Re: Heh Terrygonefishing
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2005, 08:49 AM »
Thanks TD. Alot of us local boys have used that site. It has also good info re hatches, stocking etc. Some of us have found Fish Wizard (run by the govt) to have more lake depth maps. The BC board here is really slow so arranging the board? Not sure how much it would get used. But if you would think it beneficial to us westerners, tell us how.  BC is alot more active in the winter. Maybe because in summer it gets dark at 11:30pm and light at 3:30am and leaves little time for sleep. In winter dark at 4pm and light at 8:30am, leaving more time for the puter.

PGKris

• Master of the micro leech
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2005, 11:56 AM »
Angler's Atlas is good but as you said, I find Fishwizard has more lakes, if not more details.

Sailing team

Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it.

Skiff

• Retired MFF Mod
  • Just relaxin' on the Red
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2005, 07:07 PM »
If the BC Gov't is willing to give out depth maps for free downloading, that's great!  Our cheap Manitoba Gov't wouldn't put up a site giving out free depth maps even if there was a large protest, because they make a ton of money selling them to sportsmen (at $3 - $9 each).  The stupid thing is that most of the maps were made by provincial biologists and hydrologists whose salary was being paid by us taxpayers.  Besides, I might only want to try a new lake once or twice, and a download-quality map would be fine for that.  Then if interested, I could buy a better quality map of the lake.  You guys are lucky!

TGF

• MFF Mod Team
  • I still got my eye on you guys...
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2005, 11:28 PM »
Yes it is nice monophil.

icechip

• B.C. BIG COUNTRY
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2005, 08:01 AM »
Fish Wizard is great.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum