FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: opening day  (Read 5271 times)

bug-chazer

opening day
« on: Apr 08, 2015, 03:18 PM »
Going to be a nice sunny opening day . Going to carbuncle pond in RI. They stock larger trout as a whole then ct. Will hit t on sunday . Good luck to all  fellow opening day gladiators.  :flag:

Newguy123

Re: opening day
« Reply #1 on: Apr 09, 2015, 05:04 PM »
Have been stocking trout all week,
putting in some monster broodstock 7-9 lbs supposedly, not too many   but a bunch of other trout aswell,
its ironic because im probably going to be bass fishing  opening day  unless i can find a good spot with not too many people

weneric

• wishing i was still young
« Reply #2 on: Apr 09, 2015, 05:09 PM »
i lilke bass myself. stocked trout tastes awful. im going for trout on sunday, so i can get fertilizer for my tomato plants.

octanehi5

• WORK WAS MADE FOR PEOPLE WHO DON'T FISH
« Reply #3 on: Apr 09, 2015, 07:00 PM »
I'm going to sit this one out. Not into the elbow to elbow Fishing of opening day, Never eat trout that taste like liver pellets. On Bass I  C & R , Walter and Pike Are the only things I fillet. With The temps in the 60's Waters will warm, My target fish, Being a warm water Species, will put on the feed bag once the water temps in the mid to upper 50's.Good luck to those of you going out.Its just not my glass of wine.
If it was easy they would have called it catchin,not fishin

bug-chazer

« Reply #4 on: Apr 09, 2015, 07:04 PM »
Don't eat anything fresh water except Walter. Tradition demands my presence.  ::)

weneric

« Reply #5 on: Apr 09, 2015, 07:19 PM »
is walter that good that bass isn't? i also love pike.

Newguy123

« Reply #6 on: Apr 09, 2015, 07:35 PM »
i dont eat much from freshwater, except if it comes through the ice, , though i would really like to hook into one of the big trout we have stocked

bug-chazer

« Reply #7 on: Apr 10, 2015, 05:18 AM »
bass  tastes like mud to me except thru  the ice ,I have had pike , tastes too fishy for my taste. Stocked trot either have no flavor or taste like liver. Walleye and sometimes perch have nice mild flavor. Strange that I don't like fishy tasting fish.  :rotflol:

weneric

« Reply #8 on: Apr 10, 2015, 05:54 AM »
to get rid of the really fishy taste, soak in milk. not long though. i soaked amberjack for one hour once, and it had no flavor left at all.

eiderz

« Reply #9 on: Apr 10, 2015, 06:10 AM »
During the summer I enjoy eating some of the saltwater fish, freshwater fish not much at all.  Black sea bass, flounder/fluke, blackfish all yummy. Stripers meh, alligators yuk.

eiderz

« Reply #10 on: Apr 10, 2015, 06:11 AM »
to get rid of the really fishy taste, soak in milk. not long though. i soaked amberjack for one hour once, and it had no flavor left at all.

Milk works for sure, but everything tastes better with beer. ;D

octanehi5

• WORK WAS MADE FOR PEOPLE WHO DON'T FISH
« Reply #11 on: Apr 10, 2015, 06:14 AM »
If you like pike you will like walleye, very close in texture and taste. Filleting a Pike takes some practice and not getting any bones,5 Nice fillets can be had.Now if you want  to talk nativeTrout now your talking about a good tasting fish.Sometimes we fish for Quebec Reds (Brookies) The most beautiful fish you have ever seen,pink inside like salmon
If it was easy they would have called it catchin,not fishin

weneric

« Reply #12 on: Apr 10, 2015, 06:28 AM »
Milk works for sure, but everything tastes better with beer. ;D
                    deep fried. tempura with beer. fish, shrimp, mushrooms, mussells, scallops. almost once a week. the beer is the key.

weneric

« Reply #13 on: Apr 10, 2015, 06:30 AM »
you dont like gator?  illegal, but i used to catch my own. taste great cooked right.

eiderz

« Reply #14 on: Apr 10, 2015, 06:37 AM »
you dont like gator?  illegal, but i used to catch my own. taste great cooked right.

More slang, just like walter, carl, stinklog, bubba.....alligator is bluefish. I have a better name for them but it starts with a four-letter word. Real alligator I like, tastes like chicken!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.