FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: TroutFishingBear's Trout of Fame (trout 7/3)  (Read 21459 times)

Hood

Re: TroutFishingBear's Trout of Fame (2years ago gunnison gorge trip)
« Reply #135 on: Jun 23, 2005, 04:29 PM »
MAN that looks sweet, reminds me a little of Wyoming, cant wait to get back there some day....hope u catch that slob your after! :flex:
GUN CONTROL MEANS HITTING YOUR TARGET 

TroutFishingBear

« Reply #136 on: Jun 24, 2005, 01:34 PM »
Gunnison gorge trip was canceled due to technicalities. I'm hittin' my big bluegill lake tonight instead, to lessen the disappointment. Might be anywhere from 1-3 weeks for pics, so I'm just gonna guess 2 weeks to hit the average :P

perchfisher

• waitin' for a bite
« Reply #137 on: Jun 24, 2005, 07:11 PM »
thats a bummer, hope u have good luck fishing! ;D
-cole

TroutFishingBear

« Reply #138 on: Jun 25, 2005, 01:54 PM »
Well, got pics of 2 bluegill 11" and 12" respectively, both next to tape measure. My dad did catch a 13 1/4" bluegill but it was pitch black by then and our cheap throw-away camera wouldn't work. I got the 11" next to a tape measure on a camera that is done now and the 12" is on another one that is just starting. Pretty amazing I can go out there on demand and get bluegills this size. Of course with a little work anyone can get them in this lake. They just aren't too tough. I should get the pics posted up by next tuesday sometime. They don't develope pics at our local store during weekends and they take 3-5 days to develope them, so next tuesday is a conservative estimate of when you should see some pics! (not tuesday june 28th, the next tuesday)
I'm going out walleye fishing today!

Hood

« Reply #139 on: Jun 25, 2005, 04:53 PM »
Dude that sucks about the gunnison but at least you wet a line, I look forward to the gill pics, go get a big ole eye!
GUN CONTROL MEANS HITTING YOUR TARGET 

TroutFishingBear

11" gill by my dad. We have a 12" that went over to another camera that night. He also caught a 13 1/4" that it was too dark to get a pic of
[/img]
[/img]
me with a small gill- 10.5". Nice pic dad!
[/img]
decent largemouth, 15-16" maybe ??? can't remember
[/img]
largemouth by my dad
[/img]
A monster 12 1/4" bluegill. (sorry no tape measure...before I knew you wanted one)
[/img]
Nice fat 2 lb. largemouth. Hooked deep with senko :(
[/img]
To date my 2nd biggest largemouth of the year, ~ 3.75 lbs.
[/img]
a bit above average largemouth
[/img]

bigredfishing

• Screw the BS, let's go fishing.
that 'gill that your father is lipping is a hog! nice!

TroutFishingBear

Thanks. These pics were before we started using flies last week too, we've been getting 10-20 per evening a piece like that. Our biggest gill so far this year is 13.5" caught last night by my dad's friend.

I know that this isn't believable but... hey its true. They also are pure strain bluegill in case anyone wants to know. If you don't believe me about that...I'm sorry I have no way to prove it. When the local biologist calls them bluegills and says they are pure strain I think that's good enough.

Today they started allowing belly boats on the reservoir :( I wonder if the fishery will last? It's been a party for 5 or 6 years with the big bluegill now ever since it was opened. I am seeing more and more dead bluegills on the banks and gills stripped of their filets  :'(

I didn't go this evening because I'm getting ready for the weekend but I should hit this lake a couple more times until ice season. When my rivers are clear that's where I'm at.

If any of you besides papermouth are in the area I'd be willing to show you guys this fishery.

Mikepike

Those are some huge fish man!!!!!!!! way to go!  ;D

Just waiting for the backcountry laker trip

TroutFishingBear

Re: TroutFishingBear's Trout of Fame (trout 7/3)
« Reply #144 on: Jul 03, 2005, 09:14 PM »
Remember where I was catching a bunch of nice 16-22" icefishing this season (including a 25")? I had never had much success open water fishing it but decided to try it. I caught 5 including the 3 pictured. I also lost 4 right at my feet as I was in the pontoon boat. The fish pictured are 19", 17", and 15". The other 2 I caught and put back were 16" and 18". Not too bad of a day I guess for a lake.
[/img]

TroutFishingBear

Re: TroutFishingBear's Trout of Fame (trout 7/3)
« Reply #145 on: Jul 04, 2005, 01:46 PM »
If my rivers don't clear up here soon I ain't gonna catch jack for trout this year >:( what a runoff we have had, we needed it though after the past few years having such a bad drought. I did go to the gunnison over the weekend to fish a spot that's hammered, and the water was terribly high but we did get nice fish in the 13-22" range. I am going to be entering a pitiful 16" rainbow in the tourney shortly, I caught it before I caught a 20" rainbow and I was out of pics when I got the 20 incher  which sucks. We also landed lakers, splake, brookies, cutthroats, and cuttbows along with the rainbows and browns. It was slow though for that area.

GET CLEAR AND LOWER GUNNISON AND COLORADO!!!

I'll have some more pics coming shortly!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.