The Fisherman's Wharf > Off-Topic

What type of snake?

(1/2) > >>

SHaRPS:
Saw this snake a week ago while shrooming here in southern new england. anybody have any idea as to what it is? I have seen snakes before but this was the first time i have see, this species and it did flare its neck sort of like a cobra. 

SHaRPS:
I should have mentioned that my guess is a Eastern Hog-nosed.

Raquettedacker:
You are correct sir..
Very cool snakes...
Never touched those shrooms.
The ones in the garden were removed with a shovel..

I know you had a tough week.
Hope all is well... :-\

SHaRPS:
Thanks Dom.

Much appreciated all around.

Now get out there and find some edibles. I have been eating hen of the woods with everything i cook for almost 2 weeks now. If you like alfredo with chicken or shrimp, add some pan seared or grilled hen. These mushroom work well with everything. Omelets, pasta, sausage, stir fry's, the list goes on. Very very mild flavor and the health benefits are out of this world! 

My wife hates mushrooms but I dried the hen and then ground it up in a coffee bean grinder and tossed it into a shaker. I use this powder when cooking and she has no idea its even there... well she does but not because of texture or flavor. When i had her read the benefits, she agreed to go with it.

zwiggles:

--- Quote from: SHaRPS on Oct 04, 2018, 02:56 PM ---I should have mentioned that my guess is a Eastern Hog-nosed.

--- End quote ---

I’d vote for hog nose too. I’ve never seen one, but I think that the hog nose and the black eastern racers are the only ones whose necks flair out like a viper. Even though we do have true pit vipers here (timber rattlers).

Cool find!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version