FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: How to Catch Rock Bass  (Read 13535 times)

gillmaniac

• I Don't Go Fishing, I Go Catching!!!
Re: How to Catch Rock Bass
« Reply #15 on: Jun 04, 2006, 09:02 AM »
In the juniata i catch them on rooster tails. and there not called rockbass for nothing i always catch them under and around deeper rocks.
I am a maniac for gills!!!!

pinche

• Amen
« Reply #16 on: Jun 15, 2006, 11:03 AM »
funny i was wondering how to NOT catch rock bass
Rockbassin everyone is doing it !!

Proud member of M.I.R.C. since 2006

Water Wolf

• BE YOURSELF - everyone else is taken.
« Reply #17 on: Jun 15, 2006, 01:51 PM »
BigBurk, the few I have caught came from LOTP, and were on small 2-3 inch mr. twisters most small lures should work.

One food they like alot is crayfish so if you have small rubber jigs or cranks in crayfish patterns or shape they should go for them. Try to match the crayfish's jerky swimming movements. Like the others have said worms are great too.

Rock bass like there name applies like to hang out in rocky areas and other areas with some cover. They also likes streams and rivers with rocky pools.

Good luck on your quest for the rockbass, let us know how you do. :)

WW

badlab1

« Reply #18 on: Oct 15, 2006, 02:52 AM »
I've  fished a rock bass tourney for the past couple of years, just before the real bass season starts. Always thought we were doing well towards our 10 fish limit till I see my inexperienced partner throwing his fish back in the water instead of in the live-well!!! Apparently someone dumped some visine in the water cause he says his didn't have red-enough eyes to be Rock bass. Needless to say we lose. Anyways, have always had good luck around and under docks with curly-tailed grubs, jigs, and small spinners.

SizeMatters

• Shut up and fish!!
« Reply #19 on: Oct 15, 2006, 03:40 AM »
I was wondering how to catch rock bass because there are a large number in a lake close by and i want to catch n cook some ;D what are the best locations and depths?

Right front burner//about an inch of peanut oil. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Bigger isn't always better but Size definitely Matters!

venisonman

« Reply #20 on: Oct 16, 2006, 06:24 PM »
I was wondering how to catch rock bass because there are a large number in a lake close by and i want to catch n cook some ;D what are the best locations and depths?

Try catching ANYTHING else!
Genesis 9:2 The fear and dread of you will fall upon all the beasts of the earth and the birds of the air, upon every creature that moves along the ground, and upon all the fish of the sea, they are given into your hands.

redfin

« Reply #21 on: Apr 16, 2008, 06:54 AM »
Have my son take you small mouth fishing.  You'll get all the rock bass you can stand.

bassjunky

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Ontario
« Reply #22 on: Apr 19, 2008, 12:12 PM »
I think a much easier question would be, how do avoid catching them...they eat everything and anything

As mentioned previously by others, they are a boney fish, and in my area there is very little meat on them, fill your bucket if you plan on getting a meal out of them

reelNeYesin

• fishing NYS...........PRICELESS
« Reply #23 on: Apr 19, 2008, 01:09 PM »
i always catch them when using smaller crawfish in rivers on the rock piles
if you see sunfish and want to catch rockbass good luck using worms
try small crayfish ,perch love them also
theres mosquito's on the river.  .   . fish are rising up like birds

Cusegoose

« Reply #24 on: May 15, 2008, 05:09 PM »
Have great luck using #5 shad raps. Unfortunately always targeting smallie's and they become a pain.

Captain1978

« Reply #25 on: Mar 20, 2009, 06:37 PM »
you can catch them with a bobber, hook and bubblegum! They will eat whatever they can fit in their mouth!
El Capitano

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.