FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Lakers  (Read 1001 times)

BABY SITTER

Lakers
« on: May 23, 2006, 02:53 PM »
We have been out 4 times this spring , and each time they are doing somthing different, at least the bigers ones. Of course  after ice off they are all shallow.
But as the water warms some they really move a lot . One day they all have trout monnows in there guts. The next day the big ones are after what ever is hatching n in the mud bay.
This weekend we had to work for our fish,  a lot of miles put on.
 Saturday's weather shut them right down on Sunday. We did manage 5 nice ones between 24 & 27 inchers. A pile of smaller ones that we let go . And monday, we went back hoping they would be feeding heavy.( Lake trout have a way of humbling you no matter how good you think you might be.)  We struggled for one nice 27" and 3 20" .
These ones are all sitting in the smoker as I type.
Managed a few walleye's sat night and Sunday night .
This weekend I'm taking 3 kids into this 1 km portage . I thinking for the sake of my sanity we are going to fish from shore . This time of year they should catch a bunch.

grumpymoe

Re: Lakers
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2006, 03:46 PM »
Lake trout have a way of humbling you no matter how good you think you might be
...they sure can!  ;D  shorefishing for lakers at this time of the season is probably one of the nicest ways to relax and catch......as long as you get a decent location...if you find one or more...you can rest assured more are in the area....tightlines...and great report...Grump

pizalm

• drop the hammer
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2006, 10:36 PM »
they sure humbled me, my brother and buddy in april. we caught a ton the first 2 days of our trip and figured we would just catch our limits the last day to take home, we caught one fish the last day and it was absolutely miserable  ::)

BABY SITTER

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2006, 11:31 AM »
Again like I said heading out for lakers this weekend with kids and my dad. I can't find my ditital camera since my daughter took it on her own for a sleep over.
We have gotten pictures . I guess it's poss to scan them in  and post. I would lie to post with the kids in . As long as the trout come out to play.
I'm acrually really looking forward to shore fishing. It's something I love to do just once your in the boat why would you fish from shore, even though I have seem shore trout fishermen out fish boat guys !

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.