FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Paint Falling Off my brand new Lowe Boat  (Read 6563 times)

Grimace

Paint Falling Off my brand new Lowe Boat
« on: Jun 29, 2006, 04:28 PM »
Paint starting falling off the hull of my brand new Lowe. 

We told the dealer about it and he got on the phone for us right away.  He talked to a Lowe rep and he assured our salesman that they would take care of us.    They Havent.   that was late April.   We took the boat to the dealer ( 4 hours from home)  so the Lowe guy could look at it.   That was June 11th.  we where originally going to use for the season and then have them paint it in the winter.  Well when the Lowe rep saw the big yellow blotch on the side of it he decided it wouldnt be in Lowe's best interest to have it out on the water advertiseing bad paint.  So he decided that a local guy from up here to paint it for us right away, and the paint would arrive June 15th.   It didnt.  we missed that week-end of fishing.

our salesman called them and they said the paint would be there for sure the next tuesday.   it didnt.  we missed that week-end of fishing ( bass opener here in Ontario).  our salesman called them again,   next tuesday for sure.   it didnt.

It is Canada day week-end and i have no boat for the 3rd week in a row and the lowe poeple wont take our calls or answer our e-mails.  The paint has now finally arrived thursday night at 4:30.    funny i just got a hold of the lowe guy and now they say if the paint job doesnt take, it is between us the paint manufacturer and the paint guy in Canada.

I smell a rat.   if it was up to me i would have my boat with the crappy paint, and they can paint it at the end of the season.   they knew they couldnt get the paint here that quick, but they also knew they didnt want that boat on the water( bad advertiseing)  so they lied to my salesman.  now they are not going to take responsibility for the new paint job.....

I dont know what to do....

LoneWolf

• MFF Mod Team
  • Tight Lines !
Re: Paint Falling Off my brand new Lowe Boat
« Reply #1 on: Jun 29, 2006, 04:34 PM »

If it were me I'd talk to the salesman and dealership owner and explain all that has happened. Explain that you either want a new boat or your money back if they won't honor anything.

Those who are brave are free ..       

Grimace

« Reply #2 on: Jun 29, 2006, 05:08 PM »
thats how the paint falling off started.

it is alot worse now,  side of the boat is yellow.

i am gonna try to call the salesman again tomorrow.  I dont think they are gonna garantee the new paint job.  the Lowe guy just hung up on me when i pressured him to make us happy.

LoneWolf

• MFF Mod Team
  • Tight Lines !
« Reply #3 on: Jun 29, 2006, 05:30 PM »

If I were you I would document everything .. phone calls, visits to the dealership, etc.. I would contact Lowe and not the salesman. Everyone answers to someone so go higher up the chain and mention how you were treated. I've had very good luck mentioning the Better Business Bureau. Also mention that you are on several fishing sites. Mention how you wouldn't want to post how you were treated and that you just want a fair resolution.

bwalleye

• OK, just follow my nose
« Reply #4 on: Jun 29, 2006, 05:30 PM »
What's with all the paint this year?  Geesh.  Take it back.

grumpymoe

« Reply #5 on: Jun 29, 2006, 05:34 PM »
I dont know what to do....
....WOT through the showroom window.....better yet....hook the lemon onto your boom and get a nice long swing.....here she comes....right through the showroom window...Grump

bigredfishing

• Screw the BS, let's go fishing.
« Reply #6 on: Jun 29, 2006, 05:46 PM »
Lets see...checked smokercraft off my list.  Now I'm checking off Lowe

Its amazing how the marine industry can work sometimes  :-\

Grimace

« Reply #7 on: Jun 29, 2006, 06:24 PM »
If I were you I would document everything .. phone calls, visits to the dealership, etc.. I would contact Lowe and not the salesman. Everyone answers to someone so go higher up the chain and mention how you were treated. I've had very good luck mentioning the Better Business Bureau. Also mention that you are on several fishing sites. Mention how you wouldn't want to post how you were treated and that you just want a fair resolution.

i said that about the fishing sites and thats when Lyle from Lowe said "I dont want to talk to a person like you " and hung up.

with all fairness to the salesman at the dealership he has done everything he possibly can and continues to do so.  he is standing up for us , but he gets the runaround from Lowe as well.   

LoneWolf

• MFF Mod Team
  • Tight Lines !
« Reply #8 on: Jun 29, 2006, 07:47 PM »

Well I for one will send an e-mail to Lowe about this and the way Lyle handles things.  ;)

Grimace

« Reply #9 on: Jun 29, 2006, 07:48 PM »
I just found out that the dude that looked at the boat to asses the paint was from the paint manufacturer that supplies Lowe the paint.  it wasnt even a Lowe guy.   wierd.  sounds like right from the beginning they are shifting responsibility.

I just want the new paint job to be guaranteed.  and a little something for continually driving all over the country trying to get this thing done.  alot of cash out of my pocket over this thing.  

I have sat since April silent about this thing and didnt say anything on here or any other site until that guy hung up on me.

Grimace

« Reply #10 on: Jun 29, 2006, 07:49 PM »
thanks alot Lonewolf

I have also contemplated joining every fishing forum i can find in the U.S. and pasteing my original post on them.

Bailbuster

« Reply #11 on: Jun 29, 2006, 08:20 PM »
We have a state protection agency down here, you must something in Canada,that protects you  from the rats.BB

Left Handed Model

• I know it's backwards, I'm Left Handed..
« Reply #12 on: Jun 29, 2006, 09:05 PM »
You may need to get a lawyer involved, no one usually like to deal with them....  There are manufacturer warranties unless you were sold the unit as is....  Boat industries like to use the easy fix, which is usually not the right fix...  Document and Contact your lawyer and have him give Lyle a call...   
Mike aka: Lefty, the Yellow Pole Guy..GO TEAM MAINE!!
"Do unto others, as you would have done to you"

1tigger

• Nothing like a Jitterbug in the dark !!
« Reply #13 on: Jun 29, 2006, 10:11 PM »
REPAINT   IT   ?     
I would have to say.....My  a$$  I paid for a brand new boat not a brand used boat .

You wouldnt settle for that if it were a new car would you?
Then dont settle for that with a boat .
You work hard for your money just like they do and I'm sure that they wouldnt settle either .

Youre not asking for much ...just what you paid for .

jrelaxin

« Reply #14 on: Jun 29, 2006, 10:19 PM »
 Post a pic with the lowe name and we can all forward it an inquire about their " Cansdian lemon sale" ...several hundred e-mails just might light a fire............. :evil:

had a boat with a lower unit problem took a month to fix towards the end gave the dealership a choice...fix it or cover the cost of the yacht that i was about to rent while it was being fixed........got fixed quick
Donut a day and I'm ready to play
 Dave

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.