FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Paint Falling Off my brand new Lowe Boat  (Read 6561 times)

bwalleye

• OK, just follow my nose
Re: Paint Falling Off my brand new Lowe Boat
« Reply #15 on: Jun 29, 2006, 11:08 PM »
This is sounding very familiar.

Laws to protect us down here?    Let's see......do the names Smokercraft, Mercury, RV warehouse ring a bell? 

http://www.myfishfinder.com/fishing_forum/index.php?topic=10766.0

One has as much protection as one can afford......

Geesh, I'm getting cynical as the years click by.....

Bailbuster

« Reply #16 on: Jun 30, 2006, 05:33 AM »
I used the attorney generals office consumer protection department and it worked for me at no cost.I was sold a truck that later I found out had a void warranty because I bought with a plow that the dealer put on.(NEW)the dealer was told by the ATO to reinstate or repace truck,it took a month but I ended up with a 100000 mile bumper to bumper 0 deductable warranty. BB

pinche

• Amen
« Reply #17 on: Jun 30, 2006, 06:59 AM »
I wouldn't settle for new paint either. I work in the auto repair industry (I know its two different things) but paint doesn't just fall off for no reason, it wasn't prepped right. If they do paint it make sure the ENTIRE boat is stripped and repainted. Though you should not have to go through this with a brand new purchase, they should stand up to there product and give you your $$ or a new one. Time to make some NOISE!!!!
Rockbassin everyone is doing it !!

Proud member of M.I.R.C. since 2006

grumpymoe

« Reply #18 on: Jun 30, 2006, 07:15 AM »
paint doesn't just fall off for no reason, it wasn't prepped right
..pinche is absolutely correct! I was going to mention that in my post as well, but forgot....spot repair will not cut it.....hope everything works out properly Grimace.....Grump

Grimace

« Reply #19 on: Jun 30, 2006, 07:56 AM »
They said it was a bad batch of paint.   then why does it fall off one side and not the other.  something got on it before it got painted and the paint didnt bond with the boat thats all.   must have been made on friday.   Cd player didnt work either, bolts in the Transome where all loose, i am finding bolts on the floor of the boat ( little ones like the ones that hold the chair down) and cant find there home.  My custom top flaps in the wind as i drive down the highway ( nothing to do with lowe)  the buttons pop on it. 

The salesman called me this morning and said that Lowe is furious that i threatened them with the internet.  ( poor them)

the painting will be guaranteed by the paint guy here in Canada.  ( Lowe doesnt own this one any more)

and he is gonna try to squeeze some dough out of them.

gonna call the Billboard guys down in Missouri ( lowes office is there )    see how much it costs to rent a billboard for a month.   I would love to see Lyle spit his morning coffee all over his lap when he sees that. 

well see if they make me happy, but i got to say i am not getting that warm fuzzy feeling in my stomach and forgiveness has never been my strong suit. 

grumpymoe

« Reply #20 on: Jun 30, 2006, 09:08 AM »
Grimace....sent you a pm.....please everyone...hold on...its up with the VP of marketing at Lowes....Grump

Grimace

« Reply #21 on: Jun 30, 2006, 09:34 AM »
thanks Grump.  we will have to see what happens.  I am heading out for the long week-end now, gonna rent a tinny and see what i can do.  good luck everyone with the long week-end.  be safe.

1tigger

• Nothing like a Jitterbug in the dark !!
« Reply #22 on: Jun 30, 2006, 03:48 PM »
Bottom line is you paid for a new boat with no problems !
Sure things need to be tweeked sometimes like a loose screw or two and that a guy can deal with but bad paint !
This is nobodys problem but the boat manufacturers .
They chose to deal with the paint company not you and by the way it looks its not the paint thats the problem ! The process went wrong some where more than likely the primer sanding stage .  I would think either water or oil from an air tool < sander > or a water seperator wasnt working for the chosen air tool .
None of the above is your problem or the dealers problem .
It sounds as if the dealer is trying to make things rite with you but I wouldnt settle for a new paint job because thats not what you paid for when you bought it and even if it was painted again it wouldnt last like a factory paint should .
I'm sure that youre protected by a consumer protection act of some kind and I would fully use it to your advantage .
Lund would take your money and I'm sure others would too .
GOOD   LUCK  !!

Have a great / safe holiday !

billybono

• just passin time till first ice!!!!!!!
« Reply #23 on: Jul 01, 2006, 10:12 AM »
gonna call the Billboard guys down in Missouri ( lowes office is there )    see how much it costs to rent a billboard for a month.   I would love to see Lyle spit his morning coffee all over his lap when he sees that. 

now THAT is awesome  :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :thumbup_smilie: :thumbup_smilie: :thumbup_smilie: :thumbup_smilie: :thumbup_smilie: :thumbup_smilie: :flag: :flag: :flag: :flag: :flag:

billybono

Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms isn't just a government agency...
It's one heck of a party!!

www.myspace.com/billybono

LoneWolf

• MFF Mod Team
  • Tight Lines !
« Reply #24 on: Jul 03, 2006, 11:23 AM »

Happy Fourth of July and Canada Day Grimace !!  ;D

I literally just got off the phone with Lyle of Lowe's. He was very courteous and explained the situation. He has managed to get it cleared to have Grimace and his dad's boat completely repainted and with the full warranty. Also for their inconvenience $500.00 .... which is unheard of.
Overall I'd say Lyle and Lowe's stand behind their product and their customer service !  :thumbup_smilie:

Those who are brave are free ..       

billybono

• just passin time till first ice!!!!!!!
« Reply #25 on: Jul 03, 2006, 11:26 AM »
I literally just got off the phone with Lyle of Lowe's. He was very courteous and explained the situation. He has managed to get it cleared to have Grimace and his dad's boat completely repainted and with the full warranty. Also for their inconvenience $500.00 .... which is unheard of.
Overall I'd say Lyle and Lowe's stand behind their product and their customer service !  :thumbup_smilie:

really???   wow i got a skunky beer in my last 12 pack......could you call sam adams for me and get it cleared up??

seriously thats awesome

billybono

Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms isn't just a government agency...
It's one heck of a party!!

www.myspace.com/billybono

LoneWolf

• MFF Mod Team
  • Tight Lines !
« Reply #26 on: Jul 03, 2006, 11:39 AM »
really???   wow i got a skunky beer in my last 12 pack......could you call sam adams for me and get it cleared up??

seriously thats awesome

billybono

I can't take any credit for this ...... it all belongs to Lowe's and Lyle. To their credit they had been working on this situation since they were notified. They were making calls, contacting people, etc., etc..  :clapping:

sbfpa_Mike

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #27 on: Jul 03, 2006, 11:58 AM »
really???   wow i got a skunky beer in my last 12 pack......could you call sam adams for me and get it cleared up??

seriously thats awesome

billybono

Just because THEY say it's a better beer, doesn't meant it's true. :rotflol: :sick: Anyway, good job Lonewolf and Grimmace. Sometimes, I believe the internet works too fast. A bit of patience goes a long way. Good to hear that someone stands behind their product. :flag:

Mike

devil-man

« Reply #28 on: Jul 03, 2006, 02:04 PM »
I just read this thread and must say that you handled this whole thing a lot better than I would have, Grimace. Kudos to you for that!

But when???

Please keep us informed, guys...

LoneWolf

• MFF Mod Team
  • Tight Lines !
« Reply #29 on: Jul 03, 2006, 03:49 PM »

According to Lyle he had offered two options. One was for them to use the boat for the season and then get it completely stripped and painted in the fall. The second was to get it done now.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.