FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Poll

What do you perfer Ice or Open Water and Why

Open Water
39 (27.7%)
Ice Fishing
102 (72.3%)

Total Members Voted: 136

Author Topic: Ice Vs. Open Water...The Official Poll  (Read 25300 times)

flipstick

Re: Ice Vs. Open Water...The Official Poll
« Reply #45 on: Aug 01, 2006, 07:32 AM »
As much as I enjoy the ice, my vote goes to open water.  I love getting out in the boat on a calm, cool morning with the fog rising off the lake and the loons calling.  

blaque

« Reply #46 on: Aug 01, 2006, 08:16 AM »
Good call flip

archbishop

« Reply #47 on: Aug 01, 2006, 08:26 AM »
As much as I enjoy the ice, my vote goes to open water.  I love getting out in the boat on a calm, cool morning with the fog rising off the lake and the loons calling.  

maybe its because i dont have a boat, but i would much rather walk out onto the ice with the fog all around, no noise from engines, seeing the deer cross back over the ice from licking the salt near the road back into the woods and hearing that coyote up on the hill whinning, drilling my first hole and dropping that first tip-up down, setting up my shanty and cracking a beer :tipup: plus its alot more exciting to see that flag pop up than a rod tip twitch :tipup:  JMO

mcully

« Reply #48 on: Aug 01, 2006, 08:27 AM »
Could use some ice today for sure. I seem to find more time to ice fish lately so I'm going with that.

OTIS

« Reply #49 on: Aug 01, 2006, 08:30 AM »
I love ice fishing, but I catch a lot more fish during the open water season.
'If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under.' -- Ronald Reagan

'Republicans believe every day is the Fourth of July, but the democrats believe every day is April 15.' -- Ronald Reagan

fishboy

« Reply #50 on: Aug 01, 2006, 08:57 AM »
I really love them both but for me the open water scene is more productive and easier on the back.  Plus I won't die if I fall in most of the time.  I also get to fish with my dad and my kids as where an ice season like last year made it virtually impossible to take the oldsters and the youngsters.
Swim with the fishes
live with the fishes
act like the fishes
smell like the fishes!

tip-uptwo

« Reply #51 on: Aug 01, 2006, 10:54 AM »
You guys are all crazy ??? Go back to IceShanty :) :P :P :D

Billybono...

Ice fishing is a past time to make the winter months go by quicker :laugh:.....Although, as you all know, I am an ice fishing addict but nothing's better that waking up on a cool summer morning and launching the boat to a foggy sunrise!!

nylineman

« Reply #52 on: Aug 01, 2006, 10:58 AM »
ice hands down, more time available in winter----although i should make more time during the open water season
"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles." - Doug Larson

big j 2520

• Watch out!!! Got the fishing bling workin'!!!
« Reply #53 on: Aug 01, 2006, 11:23 AM »
I love to ice fish. No sunburn, no bugs, and the fishermen usually out number everyone else out there. Being able to meet and fish with lots of different people is probably the best part of icefishing. IMHO
Don't get me wrong. I'll go fishing anytime I get the chance.

Big J
Sorry hun, I forgot my cell and lost track time.

blaque

« Reply #54 on: Aug 01, 2006, 11:28 AM »
Yeah, theres nothing better than takin a week full of dewy mornings out on the Lake, gettin some rays by late morning, catching some fish in between, and looking forward to goin back to camp to grab  lunch, and take a snooz then gettin back up to go right back out again for a couple hours, takin your own sweet time lol. This time your lookin forward to goin back for a charcoal grilled steak dinner, then back out again for the evening bite. No more meals left, so this time your coolin off  and cant wait to get back to camp and set up a nice campfire......put your feet up, open a couple cold beers and realize ya got 6 more days of it!!! Head in and catch a good nights sleep to start all over again the next day!! Nothing like an open water, warm weather fishing vacation! NOTHING!!!

archbishop

« Reply #55 on: Aug 01, 2006, 11:32 AM »
Yeah, theres nothing better than takin a week full of dewy mornings out on the Lake, gettin some rays by late morning, catching some fish in between, and looking forward to goin back to camp to grab  lunch, and take a snooz then gettin back up to go right back out again for a couple hours, takin your own sweet time lol. This time your lookin forward to goin back for a charcoal grilled steak dinner, then back out again for the evening bite. No more meals left, so this time your coolin off  and cant wait to get back to camp and set up a nice campfire......put your feet up, open a couple cold beers and realize ya got 6 more days of it!!! Head in and catch a good nights sleep to start all over again the next day!! Nothing like an open water, warm weather fishing vacation! NOTHING!!!

thats what i like about ice fishing, you dont have to go anywhere to do all of that, no going back in, just fish and have fun :tipup:

blaque

« Reply #56 on: Aug 01, 2006, 11:50 AM »
Oh dont get me wrong, i love  being out in the winter.....I think im the only one around that keeps his fingers crossed when the weather man mentions a Snow squall advisory lol. Or is upset when it stops snowing out. Im HUGE on winter, LOVE IT! but if im gonna fish in the snow and Ice, It'll probably be on the streams trying to find open water to float somethin by a steelheads nose. I truly dont understand how people live down south where the leaves are always green and on the trees, the water is always warm, ya keep the same wardrobe in the closet all year round, and all ya fish for are large mouth bass (lol j/k) Anyway, I get everyones points to Icefishing, in fact i think one of the coolest things about icefishin is goin on the ice during a good snowfall, getting in the hut, and firin up the lantern, sittin there fishin in a t-shirt and watching the wind blown snow whip by your plastic window , somethin cool about that.

archbishop

« Reply #57 on: Aug 01, 2006, 11:54 AM »
I truly dont understand how people live down south where the leaves are always green and on the trees, the water is always warm, ya keep the same wardrobe in the closet all year round, and all ya fish for are large mouth bass (lol j/k)

i dont think i could live down south :-\

sbfpa_Mike

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #58 on: Aug 01, 2006, 12:33 PM »
After reading all posts, I choose Icefishing. ??? Yes, I live in the south. :unsure: Everyone has priorities, I had mine when I moved here. Ice does not have enough of a positive economic impact in my house, soo. :nono: The reason I choose ice; It levels the playing field. Strip away all the electronic gizzmos, you and I have the same chance on the ice. :flex: Strip away all the electronic gizmoos in the summer, you still have a boat and I don't.  :'(

Mike :blink:

tip-uptwo

« Reply #59 on: Aug 01, 2006, 01:28 PM »
Keep the fridge closed until fall  :D

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.