FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Minnedosa lake  (Read 5150 times)

big walleye

• Retired MFF Mod
Minnedosa lake
« on: Apr 04, 2004, 08:56 PM »
Went down for a drive this evening to check out the lake. The ice sure changed color from yesterday. A lot of open water on the edges and the dam is running at a good flow. The fever is hitting me hard. Look out Mr. Walleye,Mr.Pike and Mr. Perch.  ::) ::) ::)
Fishing,Hockey,Beer  is all man needs to survive!!!<br />

icebraker

• People who work don't know how to fish!!
Re: Minnedosa lake
« Reply #1 on: Apr 08, 2004, 11:58 PM »
Hey big walleye,

How far is minnedosa lake from minnedosa? Could you fish of shore there or do you need a boat?
People who work don't know how to fish!!

big walleye

• Retired MFF Mod
« Reply #2 on: Apr 09, 2004, 12:27 AM »
Icebraker thank god you replied. I thought this poor post was going to get shut out like my Canadiens last night ;D Anyway Minnedosa lake is in Minnedosa. When you drive downtown Minnedosa you will see signs that lead you to the lake. it is 2 minutes from the centre of downtown. You do not need a boat. it is a beautiful lake. The majority of fish caught are northerns. I personally have pulled many nice eating walleye below the dam. I have also pulled many suckers and have had my line snapped from what I presume were bigger northerns. If you decide to come up give me a shout. I can either join you on shore or we can use my boat. Take care icebraker.

icebraker

• People who work don't know how to fish!!
« Reply #3 on: Apr 09, 2004, 10:20 PM »
Thanks big walleye,

How is the bite in early season? I am going to probably give it a try around the end of june, if we could meet up and fish for a few hours that would be great, thanks for the invitation.
People who work don't know how to fish!!

big walleye

• Retired MFF Mod
« Reply #4 on: Apr 10, 2004, 09:35 PM »
Icebraker the bite for the northerns is always good but I find below the dam the walleye bite seems better in the fall if the river is high. I plan to do many eveing trips after work on the lake side to see if indeed their are some nice eating walleye. There should be as we have had a fish ladder for the past few seasons and the lake is stocked yearly with walleye. Anyway Icebraker just let me know and we will join up for a great day of fishing. 8) 8) 8)

big walleye

• Retired MFF Mod
« Reply #5 on: Apr 25, 2004, 09:42 PM »
The ice is almost all gone. d**n I have to put the boat in soon before I go crazyyyyyyyyyyyyyy. To late!!! ;D ;D

big walleye

• Retired MFF Mod
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2004, 12:07 AM »
Well I was watchingthe fish ladder today at the Minnedosa dam but did not se anything. One of the guy's in charge of the ladder stated that they have seen a few northerns but figures it is to cold for the walleye yet. I really cannot wait until Minnedosa lake starts producing. just a few minutes from home. 8) 8)

Trophy Hunter639

« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2004, 12:13 AM »
I always wondered what was in there is there fairly good numbers of fish in that lake ?  ???

big walleye

• Retired MFF Mod
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2004, 12:21 PM »
Well trophy this winter there was a good dozen ice shacks out when there is usually only  5 at the most. Rumours have it a 30 inch walleye was pulled out last summer. Supposely there are some perch also. I have no excuse for not  fishing it as it is only 5 minutes tops away from my home. I forgot to say that it also has some catfish in it but not the same type we have in the Assiniboine or Red. I will have to research that one better because I cannot think of any other type of catfish besides bullheads in our rivers. What's your thoughts trophy???

Trophy Hunter639

« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2004, 11:45 PM »
How big are they? I have heard that there are catfish in there too they probably are bullheads but there could be channel cats in there too!

big walleye

• Retired MFF Mod
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2004, 08:37 PM »
trophy I wish I could tell you however I have heard they are channel cats but they are not the same color as the ones you and I know. I don't want to speculate as I will sound like I am full of s"""t but that is what I heard. Only one way to find out. Where is that d**n rod anyway??? ;D

Trophy Hunter639

« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2004, 11:40 PM »
I've caught channel cats that were almost golden kinda sandy coloured and othersthat were almost black I'm pretty sure that their diet and bottom type can affect their colouring. All this talk about cats is making me very excited about the upcoming season ;D Trophy cats be afraid ;D

big walleye

• Retired MFF Mod
« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2004, 12:45 AM »
Wow what a beautiful evening. I went down for another drive to the lake and boy was it calm. They have made another boat launch that looks very user friendly. I plan to study lake Minnedosa a lot this year. I still figure there has to be some nice wlleye in this baby. I just cannot wait. 8) 8) 8)

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.