FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: more crappies  (Read 1311 times)

tip-uptwo

more crappies
« on: May 27, 2007, 01:16 PM »
Got the invite from 'Joco' a good buddy from a local board to head out for pike today. We got the yak and canoe in the water at 9 sharp and started casting spinnerbaits and stickbaits along the shorelines for the toothies. Marco was able to land the nicest pike of the day about 2 feet from shore.. 28'', the thing had a massive belly on it...also caught a few OOS bass and some small perch, nothing to brag about..

I noted to Joco about a spot that held a few crappies just up river a bit but had no idea about weather or not they would still be there because of the fast moving water . The water was high and the rapids were running strong so we beached the yaks a few yards down river and walked through the shallows to get to out destination. To our luck the crappies were there and hitting baits like they have not eaten in days.

Here are the pics...

The day ended with us catching 70+ slabs 2 pike and some bass..Another good day in the books..Later that night Anthony and I drove back to the rapids to see of we could get a few more..

And we did..

Hope everyone is having a great weekend...for most of you long weekend  :lol: Get out fishing and good luck!

-Andrew Cameron

UPSTATE

Re: more crappies
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2007, 01:25 PM »
WTG man looks like ya got into them pretty good  8)
just tryin to get her done

bigfish1556

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2007, 07:49 PM »
Nice slabs, bro.................mmmmm tasty!  Interesting spot nailing them near the currents! I'm used to the "backwater" crappies.  Just curious, were they pre-spawn or post-spawn?

Cheers
We may say of angling, as Dr. Boteler said of strawberries, “Doubtless God could have made a better berry, but doubtless God never did;” and so, if I might be judge, God never did make a more calm, quiet, innocent recreation than angling.  -Izaak Walton

fishin fanatic

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2007, 08:23 PM »
id rather eat cat poop or a walleye ;)

csavage1

« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2007, 08:43 PM »
Great pictures and there is no better tasting fish from cold fresh water than crappies. ;D

Fish Fanatic you need to try them,they are as good or better than perch,walleyes and sunnies. ::)
They don't start to bite until you get there and they don't quit until you leave.

fishin fanatic

« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2007, 09:40 PM »
ya im sure eventually u guys will convert me ::) ::)r

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.